Monday, February 16, 2009

There Was Time

I was able to bake muffins, vacuum and do laundry.  D was thrilled to play with my new computer.  I looked at a few recipes and finally came up with one of my own for Banana Muffins.

HPIM8425

I will of course share it with you. 

Preheat your oven to 350 and spray a 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick spray.  You could probably use the paper liners if you like – I am all out so I opted for the spray.

In a medium bowl mash 2 small bananas (about 1/2 a cup), then add 1 tbsp canola oil, 2 egg whites, 1/3 cup agave, 1/3 cup rice milk, 1/2 tsp almond extract and 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract.  Set aside to prepare dry ingredients.

In a large bowl measure 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour, 1/4 cup oat flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp baking soda and 1/2 tsp salt.  Add the wet ingredients to the dry; stir to combine but do not over mix. 

Divide the batter evenly into the 12 cups.  Pop in the oven for about 15 minutes – check with a toothpick to see if they are done.  I left the muffins in the pan to cool for about 5 minutes then moved them to a wire rack to finish cooling. 

My honey sampled one – keep in mind he never likes anything baked with whole wheat flour.  Well he liked these, woo hoo – we have a winner recipe. 

Onto the other eats of the day.  I had a ROLL! bar for a snack after my cleaning, laundry & baking extravaganza. 

 

HPIM8416

 

For dinner I had 2 TJ’s Turkey Meatballs on an Arnold Thin with a little marinara sauce.  I also roasted brussels sprouts – I roasted them in the oven with a tsp of olive oil until they were nicely browned.  These little guys rocked!!! 

 

HPIM8433

I had a sliced golden delicious apple with my meal too.

 

HPIM8435

For dessert I had to taste test my Banana Muffins.  I had 2 of them with 1/2 a cup Chocolate PB Soy Delicious.

 

HPIM8436

The muffins are GREAT.  They are not too sweet and the banana flavor is perfect. 

I am hoping to do some Yoga For Runners before we sit down to pay some bills.  Maybe the yoga will relax me so that as I see our money disappear I won’t freak out.  Time to get the little man up into his bed – he is being a goof-off at the moment.  Have a great night. 

6 comments:

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Ugh, I hear you all the bills - thanks goodness for yoga keeping me sane!

The muffins look delicious, but I bet they were even better with the chocolate soy ice-cream. YUM Sammie!

ksgoodeats said...

You have been a busy, busy lady! Take it easy tonight :)

That dessert?! Yum!

Erica said...

Loved your comment today! Glad you went with the big package of chicken! Its so awesome to just be able to pull out a single serving and not have to worry about cutting off the fat (yuck!)

Your muffins sound awesome! I love banana muffins but hate when they're too sweet.

And brussels! I could have them every night :)

HangryPants said...

The muffins definitely look delicious and topping them with soy ice cream - delicious!

Sarah (lovINmytummy) said...

Muffins and brussells were had in my house today too!!!

MizFit said...

oooh never ever seen the go lean rolls!

and I feel you on the bills.
entirely.

and yoga/weights are my saving STRESSRELEASE grace as well.