Friday, February 6, 2009

Tea Latte

Happy Friday! I hope you are ready to enjoy the weekend.  I am really looking forward to some warmer weather.  Today I cleaned then we did end up stopping at Stop & Shop for a few things that I needed to make a birthday cake for Charlie.  He turns 39 on Sunday.  

Let me go back to this morning.  I ran 6 miles at the gym followed by a 15 minute walk to cool down.  I came home, showered and then did a little experimenting for breakfast.  I made a tea latte with 1% milk which I frothed with a little wire gadget that I bought for my hubs a while ago.  It tasted delicious. 

 

HPIM8097

 

Then came the bowl of oat bran.  I cooked the oat bran with a cup of decaf coffee then added some homemade chocolate sauce (2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 tsp agave and a little warm water) and some peanut butter.  This was rather decadent but totally hit the spot. 

 

HPIM8098

After cleaning for 2 1/2 hours I ate a Kashi ROLL! bar – I was in desperate need of a refuel.

 

HPIM8100

 

I got back from the store much later than planned thankfully the bar held me over pretty well. For lunch I started with a pita, hummus, tomato and spices.  On the side some TJ’s tortilla chips.

 

HPIM8103

Then I had Greek yogurt, Herat 2 Heart and strawberry preserves.

 

HPIM8104

I still felt like I needed some more carby goodness so I opted for a Z Bar.

 

HPIM8106

 

D and I baked Daddy his birthday cake (more on that tomorrow). That ended up taking up the rest of the afternoon.  I didn’t stop to snack until it was almost dinner time so I just ate an apple with a little almond butter.

 

HPIM8108

Dinner was a tortilla wrap topped with salad – lettuce, red pepper, yellow squash, zucchini, roasted unsalted peanuts, lemon juice and spices.

 

HPIM8109

I also had Greek yogurt, Heart 2 Heart and cranberry apple butter.

 

HPIM8114

A few hours later I needed a snack – I went for the yogurt combo for the 3rd time today. 

 

HPIM8130

 

I am probably going to head up to bed shortly.  I really miss reading all your blogs – hopefully I can catch up over the weekend.  I miss seeing what you all are up to.  The new computer can’t come fast enough. 

Anyone have anything exciting going on this weekend?  Tomorrow D has karate, Sunday is Charlie’s b-day and Monday he is taking the day off.  Not sure what the plan is yet to celebrate – he keeps talking about wanting to get BBQ. 

Alrighty friends – enjoy your night.  See you tomorrow.

6 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

HAPPY FRIDAY EVENING!!!

Erica said...

Busy day! That is so sweet that you made Charlie's birthday cake (and that D helped!). Hope you guys have fun celebrating. I start my body attack training tomorrow am! Ah!

Lauren said...

a) I am totally in agreement about some milder weather this weekend in Boston.
b) Homemade chocolate sauce? YUUUUMMM! Breakfast is supposed to be decadent :)
c) I can't wait to see the cake you and your son baked! Charlie is one lucky guy.
d) Have a wonderful weekend! (here's hoping the computer comes soon)

ksgoodeats said...

What a fabulous breakfast to kick start your day!!

Enjoy your weekend - sounds fun!

Julie said...

Love your blog! I think its so amazing how you tackle so much & your food always looks SO good :) Have a great weekend!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

OK, so I was totally drooling over that oat bran bowl...and then I saw your dinner. All those veggies & peanuts on a tortilla. Gosh, that sounded and looked amazing.

Can't wait to hear about the cake.