Thursday, February 19, 2009

Story Time

Today I took D over to the book store for the weekly Story Time.  One of the employees picks out a few books to read to the kiddies and they all sit on little benches while she reads to the and attempts to hold their attention.  She always does a great job and the kids usually are all well behaved.  After the stories she handed out paper and stickers to everyone so they could make a little craft. 

 

D1

Today’s theme was a science lab.  D and I had some fun with the stickers. 

 

D2

D wants to surprise Daddy with his laboratory tonight. 

 

D3

There is a Starbuck’s located inside the store, so of course D asked if he could get something to eat. I did give him a snack before we left the house.  I couldn’t resist the little sweetie pies pleading pleases.  I let him get a cookie which was the size of his head. Great way to ruin lunch mommy – yes, he ate the whole thing.  I have no idea why the picture looks so blue – I must have had the camera focused weird.  His face is so funny. He kept telling me “ok mommy this is the last picture” – it took me a few tries to get him to look at the camera instead of the monstrous cookie.

 

D4

While D devoured his cookie I ate a Luna bar with a cup of decaf coffee. 

 

HPIM8487

When we got home I wasn’t ready to have lunch so I took the time to cook up something different.  I cooked 1/4 cup Jasmine rice and browned some 93% lean ground turkey. Then I assembled my plate. I wanted to do a sort of Mexican Lettuce Wrap.  On the plate was lettuce leaves, Jasmine Rice, veggie mix (lettuce, red pepper and summer squash), 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup fresh salsa (this was store bought) and 2 ounces ground turkey which I seasoned with cumin, coriander, cardamom, paprika, turmeric and 365 brand hot sauce.

This was a fun meal to eat.  I love the assembly process and all the flavors tasted so great together.  I have a ton of left over ground turkey so you will be seeing lots more of it in my meals.  My hubs is not really a big fan of it but maybe I can season it up in a way that he wouldn’t mind eating it. 

 

HPIM8502

I finished lunch with a Chocolate Brownie Z Bar. 

 

HPIM8504

D and I have been playing some old school video games – Pac Man, Dig Dug, Rally X, Galaxian and Bosconian.  Not that much else is happening at my homestead.  Have a great afternoon.

8 comments:

greendogwine said...

That face is just too precious - I love the big smile he's got when he's holding up the cookie! Makes your heart MELT!

Charlie said...

Holy crap, that's quite a cookie.

ksgoodeats said...

That cookie looks bigger than his head!! I can tell he loved it :)

Erica said...

How fun! That cookie is HUGE!

Briana said...

Love the cookie. I bet he enjoyed it!

Meghann said...

Wow! I'm impressed D could finish off that cookie! Kudos to him! :)

Lauren said...

What a fantastic picture of your adorable son!

carla said...

How cute is the cookie pic?

yesterday I baked for mine..thinking I was the best!mom!ever! she took one cookie bite and said:

I ALL DONE

(and went back to her yogurt)

:)