Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Speedy Soup

Good evening, I hope the rest of your day was lovely.  D and I ventured into Candy Land for a while – he managed to play without trying to sneak by me. 

I snacked on this ROLL! – my last one and I think I might give these a rest for a while. The package actually was stuck to the bar and I had to chew each bite like 50 times – was it stale????  I am sticking to my beloved Luna – she never lets me down.  Can I eat more than one a day??? :)

 

HPIM8709

For dinner I made a speedy soup – my own recipe.  It was so delish and I have extra ingredients to make it again, so I am going to.  I started by peeling a small sweet potato.  I placed it in a glass bowl, covered the potato with water and cooked in the micro till fork tender but not mushy.  In a medium saucepan I started cooking some red onion in nonstick spray. Once the sweet potato was cooked I added it to the softened onion. In the pot went 3 artichoke hearts (I used canned and cut them in quarters before adding) and 1 1/2 cups TJ’s vegetable broth.  I let it come up to a boil, then added 1/4 cup white cannellini beans, cumin, cardamom, turmeric, paprika and fresh ground black pepper.  I let the flavors mingle for a few minutes before serving. 

 

HPIM8711

 

I had my soup with a Flat-Out filled with melted shredded cheese and an apple. 

 

HPIM8714 

For dessert I had a Chocolate Brownie Z Bar topped with a little PB. After this beauty was photographed I popped it in the microwave for 30 seconds so it was warm and gooey when I ate it. 

 

HPIM8715

After dinner it was time to bathe my little sweet tart and read him some bedtime stories.  As I was ticking him in he asked me to sing him a song – he is probably the only person on the planet that wants to hear me sing. His 3 favorites are ABC, Itsy Bitsy Spider and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star – at least they are easy ones.

Time for mommy to relax.  Have a great night. 

2 comments:

foodsthatfit said...

I like the idea of PB on a clif bar, like a healthy version of a Reese's PB cup!

VeggieGirl said...

SWEET POTATO!!!