Sunday, February 15, 2009

Out to Lunch

Happy Sunday blogland!  Let me recap the rest of my Saturday.  It actually didn’t get better, but I did get a Valentine’s Day card and gift.  My honey came home with a computer backpack for my new computer.  After he had lunch he got a super duper migraine and had to lay down for like 5 hours.  So there was no going out for V-Day dinner – D & I did at least eat together. 

Here are some of the eats from yesterday. 

Yogurt and agave

 

HPIM8373

 

A Pure bar – sooooo good.  It is like a bit like a Larabar only super fudgy like a brownie.

 

HPIM8374

 

An apple 

 

HPIM8378

Dinner was a Dr. Praeger’s veggie burger on a Whole Wheat Arnold Thin, tortilla chips and red pepper spread.

 

HPIM8379

Then, I’m sorry I stopped the photos, since I didn’t get any chocolates for V-Day I mixed some dark chocolate chips with some mixed nuts and a mini box of raisins.  A few hours later I was really in the mood for something sweet and crunchy so I had some yogurt with a 1 bar form a Kashi Crunchy granola pack. 

This morning I woke up and hopped onto Map My Run and plotted a new loop.  I ended up doing a 10.3 mile run followed by a 1 mile walk to cool down.  I had no idea that the run I mapped out was FULL of hills – it really kicked my butt.  I managed to finish in 1 hour and 27 minutes. When I got home I sucked down a Vita Coco ASAP.

After taking a shower I made some Whole Grain Cream of Wheat with water.  I mixed in 1/2 a cup of pumpkin and a banana.  I topped it with a few banana slices, Cocoa Bliss and PB.

 

HPIM8382

I kicked my feet up for a few then when hunger struck I ate a Kashi ROLL! bar.

 

HPIM8386

My honey wanted to try out Stone Hearth Pizza since they use organic ingredients – that means I can eat it.  I showed him this place after reading about it on Yogurt & Berries

We shared a salad.

 

HPIM8388

And I had 3 pieces of this whole wheat crust pizza topped with red & yellow peppers, broccoli and fresh mozzarella. Everything I had was delicious and the pizza was exactly the way I like it – cracker thin and crispy crust.  Thanks Bridget – this place was a winner. 

 

HPIM8389

When we finally made it home it was time for an afternoon snack.  I just had 3/4 cup Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup TJ’s High Fiber Twigs, a Kashi Crunchy granola bar, raspberry preserves and almond butter. 

 

HPIM8391

Yesterday I managed to read an entire book – the one I just got at the library.  I read while sitting, standing, making food for the little man – I just couldn’t put it down. Now that is a new record for me.  It was only about 200 pages but I read it in 3 hours.  I am going to get another book in the same series the next time I go to the library which will most likely be tomorrow.

I hope that you enjoy the rest of your day.

6 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Just talked about Pure bars in my recent blog post :-)

Hooray for finishing that book!!

Cara said...

because of illness, my boyfriend and I did not have a vday either. lame right? haha. Oh well, we are having our own next weekend. heh

K said...

Oh that pizza - LOVE the thin crust :)

carolinebee said...

So excited, i just bought that pure bar at Tj's!! I'm glad u got your gift and card too, and pizza! have a great sunday

Erica said...

Bummer about the headache on Vday!!! Glad you got out to a nice lunch today- that place looks incredible.

HangryPants said...

The pizza looks so good! I want to try Pure Bars - everyone seems to love them.