Friday, February 27, 2009

Out ALL Day

Today D and I were not home for more than an hour – we were out all day.  First we went to the gym.  I got in a great run. On the way home I ate my favorite Luna bar. 

 

HPIM8752 

Once I got home it was a quick shower, pack lunch and then hit the road again.  I made a veggie-ful mixer to take to our friends house and D got a leftover piece of pizza.  In the mix was red peppers, 1/4 cup cannellini beans, diced canned tomatoes, artichoke hearts, pumpkin and I added 1/4 cup cottage cheese for protein.  Yes, I just took all the veggies in my fridge and tossed them together and it tasted great especially with a generous douse of my favorite spices (cumin, cardamom, paprika, cinnamon and turmeric). I packed a Flat-Out to eat along with all the veg. 

 

HPIM8754

I also had a Goji bar.  These things are seriously one of the most amazing bars I have ever had.

 

HPIM8756

My afternoon snack was a Maple Walnut Clif bar which tastes like a homemade cookie, yummmmm!!!! 

 

HPIM8757

After our visit with friends, I dashed home to let my dog out – the poor guy has been all alone today. Then it was out the door again for dinner at my in-law’s house. 

My father-in-law is so sweet.  He had the sushi place make 2 special rolls for me. 

One was white tuna and the other regular tuna (not sure what the specific name is).  Each roll had cucumber and avocado inside along with the fish.  I ate 6 pieces of each – they were so delicious. It was so nice of them to make something not listed on the menu.  I had a small salad along with my sushi – lettuce, cuke, tomato, pepper, a few grapes and strawberries.  I didn’t use any dressing because the fruit made the salad sweet enough.  It was a great dinner and great company.

 

HPIM8759

After I put my little man to bed I made a little dessert.  I had a sliced golden delicious apple, a tablespoon peanut butter and a square of dark chocolate.

 

HPIM8762

 

It is so time for me to relax.  I am sure Otto would enjoy some snuggle time.  I hope you have a great night. 

3 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Mmm, Goji bar!!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

I must find one of those Goji bars - one of your best ever, huh?

Glad you and D had a busy, yet fun day yesterday. Sushi with the in-laws looked great. :)

Happy Saturday Sammie.

hk said...

wow sounds busy busy! those goji bars sound delish, YUM!