Monday, February 9, 2009

Off Today

Well my honey took today off so I actually have access to a computer this morning.

First let me tell you that the cakes were a hit last night.  Even the cake that Charlie didn’t like was a winner. I gave the rest of it to my brother-in-law because he liked it so much.  Here is the 2nd cake in all it’s layered glory.  My hubs really loved this one – good thing, there was no time for me to bake a 3rd. 

 

HPIM8199 HPIM8200

 

 

 

 

 

This morning I ventured to the gym for a workout while my guys were in dreamland.  I ate the usual banana before heading out. 

I did 30 min. on the ACR Trainer followed by a 30 min. Run then I moved into the weight room.

I stopped at Stop & Shop on the way home to pick up a few things.  I needed to get more oat bran but saw this and decided to give it a try instead.

HPIM8202

 

I cooked 1/4 cup Whole Grain Cream of Wheat with water.  I then added 1/4 cup cottage cheese and cinnamon.  Once the creamy mixture was in a clean bowl I tossed on the toppings - a Nature’s Promise Honey Roasted Trail Mix Bar. 

 

HPIM8203

 

I really like the smooth texture of the Cream of Wheat – very similar to oat bran. 

I also had a golden delicious apple.

 

HPIM8206 

I had a nice chat on the phone with my mommy this morning.  She is going to be reading the blog today – HI MOMMY – I LOVE YOU!!!  She is getting ready for a visit with my sissy and her family next week.  School vacation week is next week so they will be hanging at Mimi & Papa’s house all week.  I know they all are really looking forward to it. 

I am not sure what is on the agenda today.  I think my hubs has some errands to run and I know he would like to do the taxes – lots of fun.  I hope you all have a great day.  See you later.

7 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Hooray for the cakes being a hit!!

So fun that you're mom will be reading the blog - Hi Sammie's mom!! :-D

Enjoy your Monday!!

Simple and Divine said...

I AM N0T SURPRISED, in the least bit, that B0TH of the cakes were a success, Sammie. This Momma's got it G0IN 0N! You are such an amazing wife and Mommy... Your family is TRULY blessed.

And hooray for having the computer! I'd die w/o mine. [That's so embarrassing, haha, but I guess that comes with the generation, you know?]

[PS] HI SAMMIE'S M0MMA! I adore your daughter! She's just the top! =]

ksgoodeats said...

You are such a good cook Sammie! Those cakes look amazing :)

HI MOMMA RUNNING WITH A RECIPE!!

Erica said...

heyyyy! Glad the cakes turned out so well! Like I said before- they look amazing! Hope you guys enjoy your day. I haven't even thought about taxes yet- yikes!

The Healthy Hostess said...

I have been to your blog before and somehow missed adding it to my google reader! You are on there now, so I can't miss you!
:) Have a great day!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Yay - I've missed your morning only posts. I've never had cream of wheat. Still addicted to oat bran myself. Have a good Monday Sammie!

PS - I knew BOTH cakes would be a hit. :)

HangryPants said...

Whole grain cream of wheat! This excites me greatly!

Hello to your mom.