Thursday, February 12, 2009

No Bribe Necessary

D finally agreed to eat his bagel this morning and there was no bribing necessary.  This morning I needed a snackie myself so I broke into this new Detour Bar.  It was actually very good.  The last one I tried – Toffee Almond – was waaay to sweet even for me and I have one heck of a sweet tooth.  I would definitely buy this bar on a regular basis – thankfully I bought 2 :)

 

HPIM8304

I whipped out the Vitamix blender today and made a red pepper spread.  I used 1 can of Bush’s Best Reduced Sodium Garbanzo beans (drained & rinsed), 1/2 of a 12 oz jar of roasted red peppers (drained and rinsed), 2 tablespoons tahini, lemon juice, cumin and a pinch of cayenne pepper.

 

HPIM8307

For lunch I spread some of the red pepper spread on a wrap and filled it with lettuce, red pepper and zucchini.  On the side I had TJ’s tortilla chips and an apple.

 

HPIM8313

HPIM8315

 

 

 

 

 

My sweet ending was 1/4 cup cottage cheese, strawberry preserves and 1/2 a tablespoon of almond butter.

 

HPIM8308

D and I headed over to hang with Rocco.  The boys had me running the whole time.  We were pretending to be Star Wars characters who were running away from a bomb.  The bomb was actually a bike helmet – they are quite creative.  Our guns were little pieces of pipe – I have no idea where Rocco got them but they looked pretty cool.  I was able to avoid having one dropped on my toe but believe me there were a few close calls. I ran from one end of my sissy’s house to the other about 100 times – that was quite a workout.  I brought along a Luna bar which proved to be not nearly enough of a snack – on the ride home my stomach was eating itself. 

 

HPIM8312

 

As soon as I got home I threw together the fastest dinner I could think of. The first pita I threw in the toaster oven with a slice of Swiss cheese and some roasted red peppers (left over from the spread).  The other pita had SunButter, PB and jelly on it.  These were Joseph’s Reduced Carb whole wheat pitas – they are 60 calories each. 

 

HPIM8320 HPIM8324

 

 

 

 

 

I also had some baby carrots and more red pepper spread – this stuff is so creamy (thank you Vitamix). 

 

HPIM8319

For dessert I had an Apple Pie flavored Stonyfield yogurt (not as good as it sounds) and a Kashi Soft-Baked bar. 

 

HPIM8325

 

I am so ready for bed.  Those 2 little critters whipped my butt today.  I already have my bed heating up.  I can’t wait to crawl in and pass out.  I will catch up on all your wonderful blogs in the AM when I can actually comprehend what I am reading.  I hope you all had a great day.  See you tomorrow. 

5 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Glad you liked the bar!!

Have a restful evening!!

ksgoodeats said...

Aren't kids just so imaginative?! It's amazing some of the stuff they can come up with to play.

Haha - I preheat my bed too :) Have a great night!

Maggie said...

That spread looks awesome. I'll have to try something like that sometime.

Lauren said...

I was disappointed with the apple pie Stoneyfield yogurt also... too bad, because it sounded sooo good!

carolinebee said...

I had a Luna and that Kashi soft bar too today!! The kashi one is just meh :D I'm glad little D ate is bagel, that a boy!