Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The New Schedule

I am not crazy about this new blogging schedule but it is better than nothing. I feel so unconnected to the world without the internet during the day. It started snowing this morning and I thought to myself, oh I will just check the weather on-line and see what they are predicting. Plus I can't check in on my favortie blog sisters while I eat my lunch :( It is funny how much I relied on my computer and the internet. I really could not live without it.
Here is the recap of the days eats. I took D to the gym this morning but before we left I made a delicious bowl of oat bran. I am really enjoying a more simple bowl of oats these days. I cooked 1/2 a cup oat bran with water then added 1/4 cup cottage cheese, a banana and a tbsp PB.




At the gym I did a 45 minute run and then lifted weights. When we got home I snacked on this Kashi ROLL! bar - this is my favorite flavor.




A few hours later I made a veggie-riffic lunch. Inside my whole wheat wrap I had hummus, lettuce, red pepper, yellow squash and zucchini. I srpinkled on my spice blend for some extra flavor. On the side you can see I had more squash sticks.



Lunch also included a LARABAR. The Apple Pie bar is one of my favorites.


D and I had to run to Bed Bath & Beyond because they are the only store that sells the trash bags for our under the sink trash. Thankfully the roads were not bad. While I was at the store I bought a few new mugs and bowls. I was thinking of you guys and how to make the blog pictures more exciting. I know you all love my paper china but I thought that I could throw a few new dishes in the mix for some color.
When we got home I made a little snack - 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup TJ's High Fiber cereal, 3/4 cup Cinnamon Puffins, 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce and 1/2 a tbsp PB. I served it in one of my new mugs.

I decided to make a whole wheat pizza crust for dinner. I got the recipe from the latest edition of Everyday Food. I used white whole wheat flour along with whole wheat flour instead of all purpose flour. I thought that it was great - I love the nutty flavor that the whole wheat flour adds to the dough. My hubs on the other hand was not a fan. Oh well, he doesn't always like my healthy meals. This is why I end up making more than one dinner - it is so hard to please everyone with one meal.
I topped my extra thin and crispy crust with tomato sauce, portobello mushrooms and a piece of mozzarella string cheese. The crust was seriously as thin & crispy as a cracker.



Dessert was a generous bowl of Decaf Cappuccino frozen yogurt. I didn't add anything to it - I know so unlike me. I quite enjoyed the simplicity of my bowl of creamy deliciousness without any added frills.




It is time to get the little man in bed. Daddy is getting him into his pj's and then we are going to read some stories.
I hope you all had a great day.

10 comments:

Erica said...

I always feel naked when I don't have access to a computer or the internet! Yayy for new mugs and bowls! I need some new bowls for sure! Eats look good - love those roll bars!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Hey Sammie, I'm sure I would go crazy without my computer. I don't think I realize how much I use it.

I love your new mug, and that pizza sounds right up my alley.

Mmmm, ice-cream all by itself is ALWAYS perfect!

Have a good night.

Jaime said...

omg that kashi bar is my all time FAVORITE BAR! ymmy eats sammie

I Run for Fun said...

Hi, I wandered in from Erica's blog. You have a lovely blog. The pizza looks really good. Ooh...decaf cappuccino frozen yoghurt!

Jaime said...

by the way! where do you get those raw crunch bars?! i really want to try one! thanks

Sarah (lovINmytummy) said...

I know what you mean about feeling so disconnected. Sometimes all you ladies are the only grownups I "talk" to all day!

Charlie said...

The Raw Crunch bars came from RawReform.com

ksgoodeats said...

I know what you mean - when I have computer problems, I seriously don't know what to do with myself!

What is it with guys and whole wheat?! All the guys I know avoid the WW like the plague :)

HeatherBakes said...

I know the feeling- I get the shakes if I go a day without internet! Very sad.

Do you have a Simple Human trashcan? I'm always having to make Bed Bath & Beyond runs for refill bags.

Hope you're feeling better today!

Aggie said...

It's hard not having access...really hard!

I saw that pizza crust recipe recently, actually tore it out to keep last night. Been wanting to try it, yours looks great!

Apple Pie Larabars are one of my faves too!