Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Little Monkeys Everywhere

Sorry that I skipped out on you last night. Charlie was working on my new computer trying to get all the old stuff off the old hard drive onto the new one. Let me recap the rest of the days eats for you.

Afternoon snack:

Greek yogurt, a drizzle of honey and a 1 Kashi Crunchy Granola bar plank.

HPIM8262

Dinner:

4 egg whites, red pepper, broccoli, Swiss cheese and 2 pieces of Ezekiel bread with almond butter, peanut butter and jelly.

HPIM8268

Dessert:

Kashi Pumpkin Pie granola bar. I also ate a nectarine a while later.

HPIM8270

This morning I went to the gym at 5 and got in a great 6 mile run. I also used the recumbent bike, which I never use, for 20 minutes (5.5 miles). Well it proved to be a great little addition – my thighs were screaming.

Breakfast this morning was a great BIG bowl of oatmeal. I cooked 3/4 cup oats with 1/2 a cup 1% milk and water. After it was cooked I drizzled on a tsp of agave nectar (love this stuff) and a few almonds.

HPIM8273

Despite the heaping bowl of creamy goodness, this mommy needed a snack as soon as my babysitting sift was over. On the car ride home I ate a Kashi Blackberry Graham bar. These are good but not the most filling snack – it did indeed take the edge off. I will be making lunch soon.

HPIM8276

The kid were CRAZY today but they all seemed to have a great time. I felt bad for a little guy who wanted his mommy and wouldn’t stop crying. He told me “I don’t want you, I want my mommy.” Thankfully his mom did end up picking him up about 10 minutes later. Nothing like seeing mommy to bring a smile to a child’s face.

Today I really want to go to the library – I never made it there yesterday. After lunch we will probably head there. Have a great day.

EDIT:

Go check out Meghann's blog for a chance to win a fancy sports bra. It looks like the perfect addition to any woman's fitness wordrobe.

10 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Great workout!!

Sorry about the craziness with all those kids.

Have fun at the library!!

Rose said...

I just saw those granola bars in the store last night and was curious... I can't believe the wide array Kashi has come out with.

Sammie said...

Rose,
They are good - not as sweet as Newton Cookies but very similar in texture. I know Kashi really has a great selection to choose from.

Julie said...

Eggs for dinner looked soo good. Def thinking that tonights gonna be a breakfast dinner night :) Enjoy the library!

ksgoodeats said...

Those eggs look so delicious!! Thanks for the detour bar info :)

Hope you have a great Wednesday!

Lacey Nicole said...

Sammie- you run so much, I was wondering if you have ever thought about running in a race? Or have you/did you before?

Sammie said...

Lacey,
I have never run in a race but I have thought about it A LOT. I would actually really love to give racing a try - I need a little fire lit under my butt I guess.

*Erica* said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes! Love ya!

greendogwine said...

I love broccoli, and I love swiss cheese, but I have NEVER thought of putting those two together! You ARE A GENIUS! :)

Erica said...

Yayyy so glad to see your post. The egg whites you had for dinner looks absolutely incredible!