Sunday, February 1, 2009

I am Up

Good morning my friends! It is just about 5 AM and I have already been awake for a half hour. I guess my body doesn’t care what day of the week it is – it wants to be up before the sun. I was going to try to sleep in – TRY is the key word. I was attempting to fall back asleep but it is very hard when a certain someone is snoring. So I am up and going to head to the gym in a few hours.

I figured that I would catch you all up on the my crazy Saturday. Here we go. I woke up at 4:30 and used the Water Rower and did a Yoga Download 70 min Detox class which was amazing. Before my workout I tried one of the RAW Crunch bars from Raw Reform – very seedy but I gave it a go. It was delicious. I am actually just about to eat the other one for my pre-workout fuel this morning. They crumble apart very easily which is a good thing if you only want to eat half of it – I am eating the whole thing.

HPIM8000

Breakfast before taking D to karate was oatmeal, cottage cheese, a banana and Cacao Bliss.

HPIM7979

D earned another yellow stripe on his belt yesterday – he was super excited.

We headed to Borders to grad a cup of D and eat a snack before our LL Bean stop. I had a ROLL! with my tea.

HPIM7982

We were not thrilled with the selection at LL Bean so we ended up going to Bass Pro Shops which was only about 15 minutes away. I found a new pair of EXTRA WARM boots – I am in love. Charlie was able to find boots and TONS of warm socks – this is all to help his chilblains.

HPIM7994

Thank goodness I ate that ROLL! bar because we were shopping way longer than I had planned. My late lunch was a pita with a hummus, Swiss cheese, lettuce, cuke and zucchini.

HPIM7985

A side of Food Should Taste Good Sweet Potato tortilla chips

HPIM7983

and a yogurt.

HPIM7986

I cleaned my house for a few hours – it looks so nice and tidy now. I snacked on 1/2 a cup Greek yogurt, a Z Bar and 1/2 a tbsp PB when I was done.

HPIM7987

We then set out on a mission to find rock salt – our front steps, walk ways and driveway are a complete sheet of ice. I kid you not it took us almost 2 hours to find a store that was not sold out. Charlie wanted to buy an ice chipper too but everyone is out of those as well. The stores in MA are so unprepared for the weather that we get. I mean we could still have snow for the next 2 months and places are not even stocking the necessary merchandise for the season. He bought 4 bags so hopefully we will have enough for the rest of this winter. By the time we got home it was really late so I threw together a quick dinner. I mixed canned pumpkin with cottage cheese, a few almonds and pumpkin seeds. On the side I had homemade tortilla chips which I made by placing strips of a La Tortilla Factory Whole Wheat wrap on a hot pizza stone.

HPIM7992

I was going to eat this with it too but I took one bit and well it was yucky. My hubs even agreed on this one. It was one of the samples from Raw Reform which I am so thankful that they sent to us but sorry that these won’t be getting a great review from us.

HPIM7991

Dessert was some Elan Decaf Cappuccino low fat frozen yogurt. I tossed in some Cinnamon Puffins a dab of PB and a chocolate drizzle. We had some nice family dessert time.

So that is it. My day flew by but I did get lot of things accomplished. I am not sure what the day will be like today once I get back from the gym. I know Charlie will be heading out to watch the Super Bowl. Unfortunately the game will end way to late and keeping D out is not a good idea so mommy is staying home. I hope you have a great Sunday.

8 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Lovely eats, as always!! That bar looks particularly tasty (despite the excess seeds, haha).

Hope you have a fabulous Sunday!!

Erica said...

The RAW crunch bar looks awesome. I will be keeping my eyes open for them! Bummer about the ll bean store! I love that place. Have a great sunday!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Oh, it's Charlie that has the Chilblains. I thought it was Little D...not that Charlie having it is any better. Yuck - glad he found some warm socks. My husband and I both wear Happy Feet slippers - they are the best and we order them online. They even sell sports themed ones. Mine are TN Titans, and Chris's are Chicago Bears. We look hilarious walking around in them, but they are so comfy and warm.

Sorry about the Raw Bars. Stick to the Rolls and Zbars, huh?

Have a good Sunday Sammie!

ksgoodeats said...

That bar looks great!! Hope those boots will work - they look toasty :)

Have a great Sunday!

hk said...

yum yum yum, those RAW bars look delishishhhhh!

blueskyworld said...

i always love your "mess". have you tried greek yogurt with barbara's shredded wheat? it's so good esp with lotsa cinnamon! ;]

HeatherBakes said...

Nice boots!

The RAW Crunch bar looks yummy- that's unfortunate that the other one didn't measure up :(

Stay warm up there in MA!

Aggie said...

Wow, yummy eats Sammie! I am going to look for those sweet potato tortillas...they sound great!

I wish I could get up early as easy as you!!!