Friday, February 13, 2009

How Often do You Exfoliate?

Happy Friday ALL!!!  Do you have big plans tomorrow for V-Day?  I got my honey something – I kind of went out on a limb with this one so he may or may not like it.  You will find out tomorrow when I give it to him. He is also getting homemade truffles which of course he knows about because I ALWAYS make them for him.  I think this year I am going to add some whiskey to them and see how he likes it.  In the past I have flavored the truffles with Grand Marnier, balsamic vinegar (not together – two different batches) and I have just gone with straight dark chocolate. I usually roll them in unsweetened cocoa power but this time I am thinking some chopped nuts would be a nice added texture. I will be sure to post the final product. 

This morning I was up at 4:30 and ready to get the body moving.  I did 20 min. on the Elliptical, a speedy 3 mile run (24 minutes exactly), then a 20 min. ride on the Recumbent bike and finally weights.  I am really looking forward to getting outside over the weekend for some running.  The past 2 days have been warm (in the 50’s), so a ton of snow has melted. I can actually see the sidewalks again. 

For breakfast this morning I cooked up a big creamy bowl of oat bran. 

 

HPIM8332

 

I used 1/2 cup oat bran and 1 1/4 cup water.  When it was finished cooking I added 1/2 a cup pumpkin and 1/4 cup cottage cheese. 

 

HPIM8334

Today’s toppings were a shaving of Raw Coconut butter, 1/2 a tablespoon roasted unsalted peanuts and a tsp agave nectar.

 HPIM8336

 

So if you don’t all know by now, my skin is super sensitive. I break out way to easily from skin care products, make-up and food (growth hormones being the #1 culprit).  The dermatologist prescribes this face wash for me to use and it does work great.  I always read about exfoliating your skin from time to time, unfortunately this is not an exfoliating wash. A while ago I bought a small  pad (one side was rough the other wash like washcloth material), but I think even that is too tough on my skin. 

 

HPIM8337

I also bought this Exfoliating wash a while ago.  When I used it, just after I bought it, my skin did not react very well. Now my skin was still under the influence of growth hormones at that time so I think anything that I put on my skin would cause utter chaos.  Today I decided to give this another shot. My skin feels so soft and clean. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I don’t wake up tomorrow with an evil demon popping out of my forehead. 

 

HPIM8338

My question to you all is – How often do you exfoliate? or Do you not exfoliate at all?

If this wash proves to not irritate my skin I will definitely use it more often, I just don’t want to over do it. 

Today we are making a TJ’s run.  I would like to get it out of the way before lunch so that I can make the truffles and the bake sale brownies this afternoon.  D is not down with having to go to the store – oh well. 

Have a great day.  See you later.

4 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Mmm, love the oatbran!!

I've been blessed with "porcelain skin," so I don't EVER want to overwork it/irritate it - no extra exfoliation for me.

Wishing you a happy Friday, and I hope you & Charlie have a lovely V-Day together tomorrow!!

Sammie said...

VeggieGirl,
You are very lucky. I have noticed how beautiful your skin is. I hope you have a great V-Day too.

Erica said...

Hey! The truffles sound AMAZING! What a great gift. Can't wait to find out what else you got him :)

My skin breaks out ALL the time as well. I'm not sure what causes it? I use proactive and it has some little exfoliating beads built in.

Maggie said...

I JUST started eating oat bran and it is delicious. My skin breaks out all the time, but I'm trying a macrobiotic diet for 2 weeks and I'm hoping it will help. Maybe mine is because of the growth hormones too? I guess we'll see.