Friday, February 20, 2009

His Turn

Last night was my husbands night out.  After reading some bedtime stories D asked if I would rock him again – of course I said yes. He told me that his belly was growling so we came downstairs and I made him a mini “mess” – vanilla yogurt, Graham Bumpers and a drizzle of honey. Then it was back up to his room.  I rocked him to sleep and myself for that matter – mommy was tired too.  When I finally woke up I decided to just get ready for bed and call it a day.  I could use the rest because today is a cleaning day. 

Here is the rundown of my eats.

Afternoon snack – 1/2 cup plain yogurt, 1/3 cup TJ’s High Fiber Twigs, a banana muffin, 1/2 tbsp almond butter and a drizzle of agave.

 

HPIM8506

 

Dinner was an egg and cheese pita along with fresh salsa and veggies.  I cooked broccoli, red pepper, summer squash and brussels sprouts in a pan that I sprayed with nonstick pray. 

 

HPIM8508

For dessert I had a banana muffin, 1/4 cup cottage cheese and an apple with lots of cinnamon.

 

HPIM8512 

I was out the door at 4:45, totally ready for a good workout.  At the gym I did a 3 mile run, 5.5 mile bike ride on the Stationary Bike, then back on the Treadmill for another 3 mile run.  It went by so fast and felt so great. I am really looking forward to being able to do a workout like that outside.

For breakfast today, which I am eating while typing away, is a hearty bowl of pumpkin oat bran.  I started with the usual 1/2 cup oat bran cooked with water.  Then I added 1/2 a cup pumpkin, 1/4 cup cottage cheese and a banana.  Today I topped it with 1 tbsp almond butter and a tsp drizzle of agave.  It is super!! 

 

HPIM8514

Time to finish my bowl of deliciousness and then I am out the door with my side-kick in tow.  We are heading to my sister-in-law’s house to tackle some dust bunnies – they don’t stand a chance. 

Have a great Friday. 

2 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Lovin' those muffins and bowls of deliciousness!! :-)

Haha, those dust bunnies are DOOMED!! Have a lovely Friday!!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

I hope you take the bunnies down!

Those pumpkin oats look amazing. I'm glad D likes messy bowls just like him mom. :)