Thursday, February 19, 2009

Food Galore

This post is full of food pictures, I have lots to catch up on.  Yesterday I wrapped each brownie individually then placed them in a large zipper bag. 

 

HPIM8472

I filled the box with peanuts and paper – these guys should not move one bit.  I taped it up and headed to the post office.  The bake sale brownies are on there way.

HPIM8474

 

After returning from the post office I made a snack – 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 3/4 cup Graham Bumpers (shhh, that is D’s cereal), a few tbsp TJ’s High Fiber Twigs, a chopped apple and 1/2 a tbsp almond butter.

 

HPIM8477

 

I knew that I would be having dinner later than I usually do and I did not want to arrive at the restaurant hungry.  To hold me over I had 2 Wasa crackers with a piece of string cheese. I popped it in the nuke for a few seconds which made the cheese gooey – sooo good.

 

HPIM8479

 

For dinner we decided to try out a restaurant called 3, which is actually only about 10 minutes from my house.  Please forgive me for not taking pictures last night but I do have a picture of the left over flatbread that I took home. My friend and I both ordered the Asian Lettuce Wrap appetizer which was a decent portion – we both couldn’t even finish them.  The plate was arranged with Boston lettuce leaves, pineapple chunks, shredded carrots, bean sprouts and chopped peanuts.  There was a bowl of chicken combined with chopped water chestnuts and an Asian sauce.  On the plate they also included a small triangle shaped dish with extra sauce.  It was not too salty and definitely had some sesame oil in there. We also ordered a Veggie Flatbread without cheese to share.  The waitress was so helpful on filling me in with the menu items that contained dairy and she had no problem going to the kitchen to check if she was unsure about a particular dish. She told me that they are always very cautious when it comes to food allergies. It was very nice not to have a waitress give me an attitude when I asked about something which, in my opinion, if you are going to be a server you should know what is on the menu.  When the pizza finally came to the table we both were pretty full.  We each had one piece of the flatbread and split the rest to take home.  It was very crispy and had a nice balance of sweet and spicy flavors.  I am going to jazz up the leftovers and give them to my hubs tonight for dinner. 

 

HPIM8485

I had a really great time chatting with Cathy and it was nice to only have to worry about myself for a few hours. I did miss my guys and was happy to get lots of hugs and kisses when I returned home. 

I woke up bright and early today and was out the door by 4:50.  Some snow fell last night but not enough to even really have to break out a shovel.  At the gym I did 30 minutes on the ARC Trainer with moving handles, an 8 mile bike ride on the Stationary Bike (about 30 minutes) and the I ended with some weights.

After that workout it was definitely hot cereal time.  Today I opted for Whole Grain Cream of Wheat.  I cooked it with water, then added 1/2 a cup pumpkin and a banana.

 

HPIM8481

 

I topped it with a Nature’s Path Trail Mix bar – sweet and crunchy. 

 

HPIM8482

 

I am not sure what is on the agenda today.  But it is about time that I go wrangle up the little monkey and get him dressed.  Have a great day.

4 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Fabulous packing job with the baked goods!!

Glad you had a nice meal and a nice night out - that restaurant sounds great (especially the helpful service)!!

Enjoy your Thursday!!

HeatherBakes said...

Good for you for having a girls' night out! Brian's cool, but I forget how much fun it is to hang out with just the gals.

That restaurant sounds awesome! It's always a good sign when they are open and helpful in regards to the menu.

Have a great day!

ksgoodeats said...

Glad you enjoyed your girl's night!! The restaurant sounds fantastic :)

Meghann said...

Yay for Bake Sale Goodies!!