Monday, February 23, 2009

Back to the Bran

I missed my oat bran this weekend even thought I did have some yummy french toast yesterday.  The creamy goodness was the perfect start to my Monday. 

I started by cooking the typical portion (1/2 cup bran with about 1 1/4 cup water).  Then I stirred in 1/2 cup pumpkin and 1/4 cup cottage cheese.

 

HPIM8602

Today’s toppings were LOTS of cinnamon and a few roasted unsalted peanuts.  It was warm and filling – my tummy is happy.

 

HPIM8605

Today’s agenda includes going to Stop & Shop (never made it there this weekend), checking in with Nana on how Ocho is doing, laundry and of course hanging with my sweet tart. 

I hope you have a great day.

6 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Gorgeous oat bran breakfast bowl!!

Have fun seeing Ocho today!!

HeatherBakes said...

Yea for the return of oat bran :)

Aww, sweet tart!! My dad used to call me that, too. You guys have fun today!

ksgoodeats said...

Hooray for the cinnamon :)

Have a great day!

Meghann said...

I am really feeling inspired lately to try some Oat bran, it may find its way into my shopping cart on my next grocery trip :)

foodsthatfit said...

Your oat bran looks fabulous! I will be trying that soon!

The Running Yogini said...

Yummy breakfast! I'm such a cinnamon fanatic :-)