Sunday, February 22, 2009

Almond Essence French Toast

Good morning!  I’ve already got in my workout so I am pumped and ready for my Sunday.  This morning I woke up before my guys and got in a run.  It was chilly but without the wind like I encountered yesterday, it was rather enjoyable.  I did a 7 mile run and then when I made the loop back to my house I just went right past it.  I proceeded to walk another 3.5 miles through a lovely cul-de-sac up the street from my house.  I really enjoyed hearing the sounds of the birds and the traffic far in the distance. It was a perfect morning of “me time” but I knew that eventually I would have to return home.  When I finally made it back home I had to make some breakfast ASAP.  I only had a banana before heading out this morning. 

I decided to make Almond Essence French Toast.  I took one egg mixed in a little almond extract and some cinnamon.  I let 2 pieces of Ezekiel bread soak up the eggy mix before cooking in a pan sprayed with nonstick spray. 

 

HPIM8569

 

For a little fruit I had a slice golden delicious apple.

 

 

HPIM8566

 

I still needed a little something else so I opted for a Goji Bar from Raw Reform.  This bar is soooo delicious.  I wish that I could buy them at Whole Foods but the only place I seem to be able to get them is on-line.  The coconut flavor goes amazingly with the almonds and goji berries. 

 

 

HPIM8574

 

They also sent me a free sample of Organic Life Vitamins, which I tried this morning.  It was sweet and tasted much better than I had anticipated.  Lets see if I feel the effects of it today. 

 

 

HPIM8568

I hope you have a great Sunday.  See you later.

5 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Wowza that French toast sounds good - as does that bar!!

Happy Sunday, Sammie!!

foodsthatfit said...

What an awesome way to start the day! I love getting my run out of the way first thing!I am a much more productive person throughout the day if I do!

ksgoodeats said...

Yummy french toast - I love using almond extract but haven't thought of using it in that!

Trish said...

I have really been craving French toast lately. And yours sounds so yummy! :-)

Lauren said...

The french toast looks yummy! I usually add vanilla extract, but I love your idea to use almond extract.