Wednesday, February 4, 2009

All in One

That is going to be the way it goes for a while and I find it a bit overwhelming as I stare at all the pictures just waiting to be described.  Every once in a while I resort to a full day recap – like on the weekends – but everyday is kind of a drag.  I have all the pictures on my camera and I have no way of knowing if they look decent or not.  I did alright today – nothing came out blurry. 

Here’s the scoop with my day.  I went to the gym super early.  Before leaving I had a banana with 1/2 a tbsp PB – it was a way better pre-workout choice. I did a 45 minute run and a 15 minute speed walk.

Today’s breakfast was featured in one of my new bowls – I love the funky shape.  I opted for the usual oat bran & cottage cheese mix.  Then I topped it with blueberries and PB. 

 

breakfast

D and I had our babysitting shift today.  He got a boo-boo while playing very rough with “the guys” – nothing a few smooches from mommy couldn’t fix.  I took along a Kashi granola bar as a snack in the car on the drive home.  Good thing I did, I was starving. 

 

snackAM

For lunch today I topped a whole wheat pita with lettuce, yellow squash, red pepper and almond butter.

 

lunch

 

I also had some Food Should Taste Good, The Works flavor tortilla chips. These have waaaaay to much garlic flavor for my taste.  I would have to say that after having the sweet potato flavor – nothing will be as tasty. 

 

lunch3 

Lunch also included yogurt, TJ’s High Fiber cereal and cranberry apple butter.

 

lunch2

I had to make my trip to Trader Joe’s early this week as my hubs has been out of sunflower seed butter since last week and reminds me every day.  We also needed a bunch of other things that I usually buy there so D and I had a little grocery adventure on Wednesday instead of Friday. 

I snacked on a Luna bar once we got home.

 

snackPM

 

And then an apple.

 

snackPM2

My dinner was a big salad – lettuce. red pepper, cuke, zucchini, yellow squash, pumpkin, almonds, Greek yogurt, lemon juice and lots of my spice blend sprinkled over the top.

 

dinner

I also made a crispy cheese wrap.

 

dinner2

Dessert was a Banana granola bar from TJ’s.  This is a new one for me – it was yummy.  I will be trying it with some PB in the near future.

 

dessert

My head is still a bit stuffy but at least the sinus pressure has gone away.  I have been using my Neti Pot the past few days which also helps a lot.  I wish the effects lasted longer. 

I hope you all had a great day.  Time to go check up on all your lovely blogs.  Then I am off to lala land.  I am hoping that extra sleep will kick the last of the germs that are still lingering in my system. 

Good night. 

6 comments:

ksgoodeats said...

I love the new bowl! It's so fun :)

Yummy eats today! I thought that TJs bar was way too sweet - glad you like them!!

Erica said...

I had that same Luna bar today for the first time. Its good but reallllly sweet. What do you think?

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

That dinner salad sounds perfect - veggies, almonds, pumpkin, Greek yogurt. I love that you don't drench anything in dressing. I usually just use cottage cheese or hummus as a dressing. So much better than oil based dressings in my opinion!

Love the new bowl!

VeggieGirl said...

Hang in there, Sammie!! Miss you!!

HeatherBakes said...

That's too funny about posting all your meals in one post. I always think "I can't imagine how these bloggers manage to post THREE times a day!"

Your dinner salad looks so dang good right now. I want one.

Sammie said...

Erica,
I thought it was great. I am all for sweet :)