Thursday, February 5, 2009

An Afternoon with Nana

Today D and I had a nice visit with our Nana & Grampy.  Their house is super toasty warm compared to our house – they have a coal burning stove.  I like to stand in front of the stove and bake myself until I seriously can’t take it anymore.  While I was there my Nana showed me a braided rug that she made for my mom and asked me if I would like one.  Of course I would, I love when my Nana makes me stuff – she is such a sweetie.

I started my day with an early workout – 30 min. Arc Trainer, 30 min. Run and weights. 

For breakfast I tried a new oatmeal that I bought at TJ’s.  It is one of their Oatmeal Complete Maple & Brown Sugar packets.  I cooked it with water in one of my new monster mugs.  It was actually not as sweet as I thought it would be but it was still tasty. 

 

HPIM8074

I also had a bowl of frozen blueberries, cottage cheese and almond butter.

 

HPIM8071

I cleaned for a little while this morning – all the salt and dirt outside is making me crazy.  I hate feeling any sort of grit under my feet when I am walking around. I went to town with my vacuum.  Of course there was the typical laundry and dishes to be done as well.  I snacked on a Luna bar after my work was complete.

 

HPIM8078

 

We ate lunch before heading down to Nana’s house. I had a whole wheat pita and hummus which was accompanied by a mound of veg.  I started with a bed of lettuce then tossed on yellow squash, zucchini, red pepper, lemon juice and a generous sprinkling of my favorite spice blend.

 

HPIM8082

With lunch I also had Greek yogurt mixed with strawberry preserves and TJ’s High Fiber cereal.  I tried new TJ’s low sodium blue corn tortilla chips too. The chips were good but not as good as Sweet Potato Food Should Taste Good tortilla chips. 

 

HPIM8079

 

While I was at Nana’s I snacked on a Honey Graham Z Bar – somehow I forgot to snap a photo.  When we got home it wasn’t quite dinner time but I really needed a little something to hold me over.  I melted a piece of string cheese on 2 Wasa crackers (I broke them into bite size pieces) and a carrot with 1/2 a tbsp PB.

 

HPIM8084

For dinner I made a TJ’s Roasted Veggie frozen pizza.  I usually do not like to eat frozen pizzas because they have way to much sodium, but this one was not bad.  It didn’t have any cheese but it really did not need any.  The flavor of the caramelized onions was perfect with the artichokes, red pepper and mushrooms.  I ate 2 pieces and my hubs had the other 2.

 

HPIM8088

Dessert was 1/2 a cup Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup cereal (H2H and Cinnamon Puffins), a drizzle of cranberry apple butter and almonds.

 

HPIM8091

I did a 60 min. Yoga For Runners from Yoga Download this evening.  I really enjoy that class at the end of the day – especially if I ran in the AM.  After the class I ate an apple. 

Tomorrow is a cleaning day at my sister-in-laws.  D is looking forward to hanging with his Grandpa while I clean.  I already made the TJ’s stop this week so tomorrow I will be able to head straight home.  It is supposed to be another chilly day tomorrow but then warm up a bit over the weekend.  By warm up I mean maybe in the 40’s – hey better than 20’s.  I just might make it outside for a run.  That will depend on the roads – they still have some ice on them.  I can’t wait for spring. 

I guess that is all for today.  I hope you all had a great day.  Good night.

6 comments:

Erica said...

Hey girl! Def missing your beautiful "mess" creations mid day! Any word on the computer situation? I can't believe that is a frozen pizza you had for dinner- it looks amazing! Have a nice Friday

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Isn't TJ's the best? I've never tried their pizza. Good to know it's tasty and lower in sodium.

Glad you had a nice visit with Nana, and I'm with you on the winter months - SO READY for them to be over.

Have a good Friday Sammie.

VeggieGirl said...

Such a lovely Thursday you had!! Hope your Friday goes just as well :-)

hk said...

looks like a great new pizza to try- cheeseless is the way to go for me :) thanks!!

best of luck with the computer, those can be such a pain!!

ksgoodeats said...

Roasted veggie pizza is so good! Sounds like you guys had a good time yesterday :)

HAPPY FRIDAY!!

HeatherBakes said...

That pizza reminds me of the Amy's Cheeseless version (which I LOVE).

Your Nana sounds adorable! You'll have to post photos of the rug when she finishes.