Sunday, February 8, 2009

10 Miles and 10 Years Older than Me

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHARLIE!!!  Today my man is 39 (10 years older than me).

It was actually almost 40 degrees outside when I got up at 5:30 this morning.  I was quite excited to hit the pavement.  Before my run I ate this bar. 

HPIM8169

I did not have a set distance in mind but once I was out there I just kept going and going.  I did a big loop that actually ended up being a 10.1 mile run.  It felt so great to be running in the great outdoors for a change.  A few times I had to do the black ice shuffle but I made sure to be on my guard so that I did not wipe out. 

Once I showered up it was oat bran time.  I made a simple bowl – 1/2 cup oat bran cooked with water. 

 

HPIM8180

Today’s topping was an Almond Cashew Kind Plus Bar.  It was delsih.

 

HPIM8172

For a birthday treat my hubs, Declan and I headed out to a local bakery for some goodies.  I had some tea – they actually had a Yogi Tea bag which was yummy.  With my tea I had a Luna bar.  My guys had bagels, coffee and chocolate milk.  It was nice to sit down and enjoy some time together. 

 

HPIM8182

When we got home I vegged out for a little while with D and watched some SpongeBob – he loves that show. 

When my tummy said it was time for lunch, I made a hummus and veggie wrap (lettuce, red pepper and zucchini). On the side I had TJ’s tortilla chips and a Sexy Low-Fat Vanilla Vegan cupcake.

 

HPIM8184

I also had 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, a banana, strawberry preserves and raw almond butter.

 

HPIM8185

We are taking the cakes I made to my in-law’s for a birthday dinner celebration.  I think that BBQ is on the menu – definitely not my thing. I will be packing some din-din for me and my little guy - he is not a fan of BBQ either. 

I hope you all have a great Sunday.  See you later.

10 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Wishing Charlie a VERY happy birthday, and you a very happy Sunday :-D

Kristi said...

Happy Birthday Charlie!!! Also, I don't know if you know about this, but I am having a Valentine's Day Giveaway that you might be interested in! I am giving away larabars, luna bars and more! If you are interested, go to this link:

http://krittie.wordpress.com/2009/02/05/valentines-day-giveaway/

Thanks!

~Kristi

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Happy Birthday Charlie!

I am loving all the simple bowls of oat bran & the TJ's raw almond butter. 2 of my favorites these days as well!

ksgoodeats said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHARLIE!!

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday :)

Charlie said...

Thanks all. Now, I'm gonna git some BBQ.

Lauren said...

Although I'm nowhere near the 10-mile mark, I agree with you that running outside is so enjoyable! I get bored on the treadmill ;)

Julie said...

Sounds like an awesome run! What are Sexy Low Fat Vegan cupcakes?? They sound pretty delish

polly said...

hi Sammie!! Long time no chat! ;)

Happy birthday to Charlie, in fact today we celebrated my man's birthday too! He will be 37 on thursday. You'll have to see his birthday treat on my blog today.

Hugs to you and your sweet family. yay for almond butter and oatbran!! Stop by anytime, remember I do emails instead of comments. :) XOXO

HeatherBakes said...

Happy birthday to Charlie!!

And way to go on the 10 miler- woohoo!

Meghann said...

I have to say charlie has a wonderful day of birthday!! Februar 8 is when all the cool people were born :)