Monday, January 26, 2009

What to do when you just can’t sleep?

Do some yoga.  That is what I was doing this morning at 3:20 AM. I was having the hardest time staying asleep and I just couldn’t lay in bed anymore. I ventured into my living room, set up a space heater and did a Morning Flow class from Yoga Download which was great – lots of backbends.  Around 5 I went to the gym with my book and did some cardio while reading – I am almost done.  I ended up doing 30 minutes on the Arc Trainer and 40 minutes on the Elliptical. 

Once I was home and showered it was oat time.  I cooked my oat bran in a separate bowl today (thanks Tina).  Boy did this result in some fluffy goodness.  I cooked 1/3 cup oat bran with 1 cup water in the microwave.  Once it was cooked I stirred in 1/4 cup cottage cheese and 1/4 cup wheat berries.  For the toppings I used 2 tbsp Maple Brown Sugar Granola and 1 tbsp roasted unsalted peanuts.

 

HPIM7775

Oh baby, it was so thick and creamy – just the way I like. 

I must go back up my things for the cleaning adventure.  I am leaving my little man with Charlie who is working from the house today.  Yes, that is right I am leaving my sidekick behind.  I am so cranking the radio in the car with music that I like for a change – something I can’t do when tender ears are in the back seat.  I will probably run to TJ’s on the way home – woo hoo – grocery shopping alone too.  I’ll will try to return home before dinner – or maybe not :)

Enjoy your day.  I’m FREEEEEEEE (well for a few hours)!! 

 

*please don’t take this as I am not happy being a mommy – it is just a rare opportunity to venture out and about alone. 

9 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Yoga to the rescue!! Hope you can sleep longer tonight though.

Hang in there with your Monday!!

Simple and Divine said...

W0W! yes DEFINITELY enjoy and SAV0UR every second of your ME time--- So incredibly precious for ALL 0F US, especially Mommies! And PLZ. You're an unbelievable Mommabear, no worries <333

Can't wait to see all of the goodies you bring home! X0

Rose said...

Way to make those wide-awake hours count - great idea!

HeatherBakes said...

Oh no- are you exhausted right now???

I totally get you with the tunes. Brian and I have had to listen to many a Wiggles/High School Musical/Hannah Montana CD with our niece. Yikes. Enjoy your ride!

K said...

Enjoy your freedom - please, we all know how fabulous of a mom you are! You deserve some me time :)

Meghann said...

I hope you enjoyed your few hours of freedom! That does not make you an unhappy mommy, it just makes you a sane mommy! :)

Sarah (lovINmytummy) said...

No apologies...I feel you on cherishing solo outings!

Megan said...

Hope you enjoyed your outing! You totally deserve it! You seem like a great mom and everyone (no matter who) deserves "me" time!! :-D

HangryPants said...

Yay for yoga! Me time is especially important for mommies. You need to get restored or else you will have nothing to give!