Thursday, January 29, 2009

A New Record

I finished the book I was reading and I am pretty sure I set a new record for myself. I NEVER read a book that fast – well unless it is one of D’s :) It was so good – I’m kind of sad it is over. That just means I get to start the other one that I got from the library – let’s see how long it takes me to read this one.

I went to the gym early again today. I am really enjoying my alone time in the AM and not having to rush through the place like a mad woman.

I was sure that oat bran was on the menu this morning. I really don’t think that I was meant to start my day with a cold breakfast – it is just not as satisfying. And right now after eating my delicious mixer of all things tasty, my tummy is feeling pretty darn happy.


HPIM7913


I did the separate bowl technique again when I cooked the oat bran. Once I pulled the bowl out of the microwave I stirred in 1/4 cup cottage cheese and 1/2 cup pumpkin.


HPIM7920


Once that made its way into a clean bowl the toppings went on – 1/4 cup Cinnamon Puffins, 2 tbsp roasted unsalted peanuts and a tsp of Raw Coconut Butter shavings.


HPIM7921



The agenda today – try to clean a little, we might have some visitors tomorrow. Not that my house is a pit or anything but I do need to dust – oh how I hate to dust. Of course once I start cleaning the vacuum comes out because I can not possibly have a day when I do not vacuum – I live for it. Plus I love clean floors.

This afternoon my little dude has his 4 year check-up. He is soooooo not happy about having to go to the doctors. He keeps telling me that he is not going. Ugh, I can see it now - I am going to be the mom at the Dr.’s office with the screaming child today. I just might have to resort to bribery.

Have a great day. The weekend is in sight.



6 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Fabulous!!

Enjoy your day and good luck cleaning!!

Erica said...

I wish I was a fast reader...I'm a snail! I love to vacuum too! I just got a new one for Christmas but I'm not using it until we move into the house! I am so excited for it!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Sometimes, you just gotta bribe 'em! Good luck at the doctor today.

Glad you enjoyed your WARM and filling breakfast. Looked yummy as always.

Sarah (lovINmytummy) said...

What book was it? I'm always looking for good reads!

Sammie said...

Sarah,
It was Snow: "A Retelling of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" by Tray Lynn.

ksgoodeats said...

Hooray for finishing the book! Good luck today with D!!