Sunday, January 25, 2009

Hooked Up

The visit this afternoon was not nearly as long as I would have liked but they are here to make sure Anthony (my stepbrother) is ok. They left Nana’s house to go and be with him at the hospital. Still no new news. Thank you all for the kind well wishes for him.

I needed a little snack before we hit the road today so I melted a string cheese on some crackers.

HPIM7757

I packed lunches for us to take along. Mine was yogurt & a 1/4 cup wheat berries – I mixed them together and it tasted great.

HPIM7750


A serving of Food Should Taste Good Jalapeno tortilla chips.

HPIM7751

A carrot

HPIM7754

And a Kashi Granola bar.

HPIM7752

This afternoon I made a yummy snackie with 1/2 a cup Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup TJ’s High Fiber cereal, a Chocolate Brownie Z Bar and a tbsp PB.

HPIM7758

Around quarter past 4 I was hungry again so I ate an apple to hold me over till dinner.

HPIM7762

I was really in the mood for a salad for dinner so I sent Charlie to Whole Foods. Well he hooked me up. I not only got lots of delicious veg but 3 other flavors of Food Should Taste Good tortilla chips – I am determined to try them all.

My salad contained green leaf lettuce, mushrooms, zucchini, red pepper, tomato, cucumber, carrots and a drizzle of Maple Grove Farms dressing. I made extra crispy & cheesy flat bread with a Flat-Out wrap and shredded cheese. I baked it in the oven on a pizza stone and it came out as crispy as a cracker.

HPIM7764

For dessert I dug into another treat that my honey brought home – he always brings me back frozen yogurt when he goes to WF. This time it was Sweet Scoops Mudslide with Chocolate Chunks. This is seriously the best frozen yogurt, even Charlie thought it was amazing and he is not a fan of frozen yogurt. Sweet Scoops has the creamiest texture not that grainy like texture that some frozen yogurts can have. This is the brand that my ice cream loving son enjoys – that’s saying something for this stuff. I topped a generous scoop with a few roasted unsalted peanuts and a few shavings of Cacao Bliss – I was curious as to how this stuff would be on ice cream. It was perfect.

HPIM7768


Unfortunately a new episode of Desperate Housewives is not on tonight. I think I have to wait 3 weeks for the next new one. I was thinking about trying to read then go to bed early. Tomorrow I am heading to my sister-in-laws for the usual cleaning.

Enjoy your evening.



7 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Great eats!!

I'm praying that everyone is 100% okay, a.s.a.p.

K said...

Your hubs did a good job at WFs :)

That ice cream looks divine! Sending get well thoughts to your stepbrother!!

Taylor said...

What?!!! Desperate Housewives isn't on tonight :(
I'm bummed now!!

That snack looks devine with the yogurt, brownie and pb!!

Erica said...

I love the string cheese melted on the crackers- its like healthy nachos :) Have a good night

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

We were bummed about Desperate Housewives as well.

One piece of string cheese goes a long way on crackers. I'll have to remember that.

I want a pizza stone.

Your family is in my thoughts Sammie. Have a good night. :)

hk said...

yum!! i'm totally on the look out for this frozen yogurt!!

glad you were able to see your mama, best of luck to your stepbrother, too :)

foodsthatfit said...

I also love wheatberries. I bought a pressure cooker so that I can cook them even faster! Do you like trail running. Check out my post on FoodsThatFit about my love for running!

Abbie