Monday, January 26, 2009

Found Them

While I was out and about today I just happened to find the new Dark Chocolate Coconut Kashi granola bars – I am now in possession of all the new flavors. I have not tried the Coconut one, but I assure you the time is coming.

I did my cleaning (almost 2.5 hours of it) then hit the TJ’s that is up the street from my sister-in-law’s house. I really enjoyed browsing the isles without someone constantly asking me “are we done yet”. I got the usual items – 0% Greek yogurt, Cinnamon Puffins, Heart 2 Heart (D has been on a kick for these lately), Weetabix (my hubs cereal of choice), cheese, bananas, 2 Larabars, 1 Z Bar (Chocolate Chip), cannellini beans, artichoke hearts, veggie broth (can you tell I have a soup in mind), Earth Balance, chicken sausages for Charlie and almonds. I have some veggies in the fridge so I didn’t get more today but I am sure that by the end of the week I will be needing to restock.

I packed a lunch to take with me so I wasn’t shopping with hunger pains. I took a yogurt and a serving of tortilla chips.

HPIM7780 HPIM7779

I also took a Z Bar and a Larabar. I ate the Z Bar as a morning snack so I could make it through the job and the Larabar was eaten for lunch.

HPIM7777

When I got home I unpacked my groceries, did laundry (I can’t even believe how many times I have gone up and down stairs today), put away the dishes, reloaded the dishwasher and put away D’s clean clothes – mine will have to wait until later. I am afraid that if I stop I might fall asleep. I ended up needing a snack this afternoon much earlier than usual so I mixed up 1/2 a cup Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup Cinnamon Puffins, 1/4 cup Heart 2 Heart and 1/2 a tbsp PB.

HPIM7781

This probably will not last until dinner so I think that if I do get hungry I am going to eat one of the Ambrosia apples that my sweetie-pie bought for me at Whole Foods last night. He also bought me the best jelly beans which I have not had in sooooo long & I never keep around because they are way to tempting (they are the ones that WF sells in the bulk bin). I have not had any yet but they are patiently waiting for mommy to dig her hand in the bag. See, I send him to the store and he brings back all kinds of things that I normally would not buy – 3 bags of tortilla chips, frozen yogurt and jelly beans.

I hope you all are having a great Monday.

7 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Hooray for TJ's!! :-)

Erica said...

busy busy day! I think the banana bread lara is my favorite so far. What about you?

Sammie said...

Erica,
I think it is my favorite too. I felt like I was eating a piece of homemade banana bread, mmmmmmm.

K said...

Haha - guys and their grocery hauls are always interesting! Glad to hear you've been having a productive day :)

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Sammie - busy day. You're always on the move! I still haven't tried any of the new Kashi bars, but they all look/sound so good.

I just got home from TJ's. Yesterday, I accidentally bought the full-fat Greek yogurt. It only has 9 grams of protein while the fat free has 22 grams per serving! I love the texture of Greek yogurt, but I also like it for the high protein. I didn't realize there was such a difference between the full-fat and fat-free. Weird.

Lauren said...

Yay for the Kashi bars!

Sammie said...

Heather,
Yes I am always on the move. I still have not stopped. I had dinner & dessert, then I cleaned my bathtub so the little monkey can have a bath. Now it is time to read a story and get the squeaky clean monster into bed.
That is weird about the Greek yogurt. You would think that the full fat would have the same amount of protein. I wonder what is the deal with that. I too buy the Greek yogurt for the extra protein, plus I LOVE how thick and creamy it is.