Monday, January 26, 2009

Flat-Out Crackers

My honey bought lots of veggies last night at Whole Foods and the sight of them makes me have visions of monstrous salads. For dinner tonight I assembled yet another delicious pile of goodies. I started with a bed of green leaf lettuce then I just started adding whatever veg I could get my hands on. Here is what made it onto my plate – a big mushroom, a carrot, slices of zucchini, green pepper, cucumber, chic peas, 2 tbsp roasted unsalted almonds and 1/2 a cup chic peas. I drizzled some Maple Grove Farms Fat Free Balsamic dressing over the top.

I needed some grains to keep all that veg company so I took a Flat-Out wrap and placed it on a HOT pizza stone in a 400 degree oven. It got so crispy – I was able to break it with my hands into Flat-Out Crackers. They all had a great time hanging out until some lady came and ate them.

HPIM7783


For dessert I just had to try one of the Dark Chocolate Coconut Kashi bars. I still have some Sweet Scoops Frozen Yogurt left – D hasn’t got at it yet. So while I still have the chance I scooped out 1/2 a cup to go along with my Kashi Bar. Yeah, these babies ROCK!!! I actually think I like them more than the Pumpkin Pie – and those things are amazing. The chocolate layer is like a piece of fudge. You can peel the layer right off – that is how thick it is. It was not too sweet and there was a perfect amount of coconut & nuts.


HPIM7788


I am off to put away my laundry then I am crawling into bed. Have a great night.



7 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Looove your "pile of goodies" dinner and sensational dessert!!

Night!!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

There you go with that pizza stone again. I want one...but not as much as I want that dessert bowl!

K said...

That dinner looks awesome!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes the coconut one better than the pumpkin one!

Lauren said...

Great idea using the pizza stone to make crackers!

Jaime said...

yummy dessert idea! i ahve yet to try the choc coconut (ive tried pumpkin and raspberry!) i def need to get my hands on this-- thanks for the review! what a great idea with the flatout wrap! where do you get a pizza stone??

Sarah said...

Ew, I hate putting away laundry. Hate it. I'm teaching the girls to do it for me ;)

I've made my flat outs that way too...I even made guacamole and gave them to Chris with it. He didn't even mind too much =)

Good night!

Sammie said...

Jaime,
I think I bought this one at Bed Bath & Beyond or maybe Linens N Things. You can get one at almost any kitchen gadget store.