Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Cancelled Again

All the schools in my area are canceled due to the snow storm.  That means that there will not be babysitting at the gym and D & I get the day off.  I swear it seems like we have had snow on Wednesday a lot this winter.  This is the second time the sitting has been canceled but I have been there a bunch of times during snowy activity as well. 

Last night I did the Yoga For Runners Class (60 min) on Yoga Download so my muscles are feeling it today.  If you have not tried this class you should, it was great.  This morning I just did cardio at the gym – 30 min. ACR Trainer w/handles (I love how it works my upper body), 4.25 mile run, .75 mile walk.  The snow was coming down lightly which did not effect my trip there and back.

For some reason this morning I was really craving a cold mess.  I gave in and mixed up a bowl of chaos.  I started by mixing 1/2 a cup Greek yogurt with 2 tbsp wheat berries.  Then came the toppings – 3/4 cup Cascadian Farm Organic Maple Brown Sugar Granola, 1/4 cup Cinnamon Puffins, 1 tbsp roasted unsalted peanuts and a drizzle of cranberry apple butter. 

 

HPIM7867

It was delicious but I think I made the wrong breakfast choice. It did not leave me as satisfied as my oat bran.  That is the main reason why I have not been eating this sort of thing for breakfast lately – I hate that I get hungry so quickly after eating this.  Warm oats = happy belly for hours :)

 

HPIM7862 

 

I’m off to go hang out with my little man.  We are Power Rangers right now – no princesses here – it’s all boy. 

Have a great day. 

9 comments:

Lauren said...

Sounds like a fun snow day! I'm going to head out into the winter wonderland in a bit.

strongandhealthy said...

I have a snow day too! I'm a teacher, so this is super exciting! Great breakfast! Stay warm!

VeggieGirl said...

Enjoy your snow day!! I wish I had one, considering we got about a foot of snow overnight :-( Stay warm!!

K said...

Have a fun snow day!!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Yeah, the cold cereal doesn't keep me full for long unless I add in some fat and protein. I find 2% cottage cheese usually does the trick. One cup of cc and some cereal + nut butter keeps me going for a while.

Wow, schools are canceled, huh? It must be pretty bad up there. Glad you made it to the gym and back safely. Have a good day Sammie!

carolinebee said...

crazy snow! That's so cute about the Power rangers :D I babysit little boys and we play PR, except they make me be the monsters..and jump out from behind the couch and make crazy noises- then i get really embarrassed when the parents walk in!

HeatherBakes said...

We had classes cancelled here, too- but no snow, just ice.

I should try that yoga for runners class. How difficult is it? I would definitely fall in the "beginner" category.

Which power ranger are you?

Sammie said...

Heather,
It is a challenging class but you could aways try a beginner one. I bet you would like it. It it supposed to help strengthen muscle so you avoid injury. I am really hooked on yoga these days and I notice a difference in my body and when I run.
Today I was a blue ranger - it changes all the time.

Sarah (lovINmytummy) said...

Hmmm....I resemble that princess comment...