Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Bake Sale Brownies

This afternoon I tried a recipe from Cooking Light Magazine.  I have been wanting to test it out for a while but have yet to do so – not sure why.  I would like to make these brownies for Meghann’s Bake Sale so I needed to to a trial run first.  The recipe is Fudgy Mocha-Toffee Brownies found in the September 2007 Anniversary Issue.  It was actually very easy to prepare and my house smelled amazing. 

HPIM7821 HPIM7825
HPIM7832 HPIM7820
HPIM7826 HPIM7823
HPIM7834 HPIM7836

 

Charlie did indeed sample the finished product – he loves them.  I can’t eat the topping – it has milk chocolate toffee bits.  I did try a tiny nibble of the inside – yes, it tastes like fudge.  I can’t wait to hear the co-workers reaction.  I feel pretty good about donating these.  If you like coffee and chocolate then these are sure to please. 

 

HPIM7861

 

Onto my dinner.  I made a delicious salad with lettuce, zucchini, oranges and almonds.  The dressing was Maple Grove Farms Fat Free Balsamic. 

 

HPIM7852

 

With my salad I made a grilled cheese with tomato.  I layered light Swiss and tomato between 2 pieces of Ezekiel bread.  I spread 1 tsp of Earth Balance on the bread before grilling it in a pan.  This was a childhood favorite of mine, with American cheese of course.  As an adult I quite enjoy other varieties of cheese. 

 

HPIM7850

 

Dessert was a brownie that won’t cause havoc to my skin – Z Bar style with 1/2 a tbsp PB.  I heated this bad boy in the micro for a few - it was warm and gooey. 

 

HPIM7854

That’s all for today.  I hope you all had a great Tuesday.  I have work in the AM and I am not looking forward to dragging D out in the storm.  I hope that it isn’t that bad until we make it home.  At least I am done at 10:30.  See you tomorrow. 

7 comments:

Meghann said...

The brownies look great!!! I think they will sell quick!! :) Thanks again for volunteering! You rock!

Erica said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmm they look awesome Sammie! Whoever ends up with those is super lucky!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Chocolate AND coffee - I'm sold. YUM!

Love the grilled cheese too. Grew up on them myself. :)

K said...

Those look delicious!! Best of both worlds :)

Plus...grilled cheese?! Yum!

Sarah (lovINmytummy) said...

I'm going to go broke bidding on those brownies! All the Cooking Light goodies always turn out so delicious!

Jen (Running with Food) said...

I love your play-by-play of the brownie making! They look delicious!

greendogwine said...

That salad mix looks fantastic - I would have never thought of that, but it's totally makign my mouth water!