Friday, December 5, 2008

We Had Visitors

Sorry that I blew off the afternoon post but we were lucky to have my sissy and Rocco over today. I really haven’t seen that much of them lately. My sis has been super busy so I really wanted to take advantage of the time that I had with them today. The boys played so good together, there wasn’t any fighting or arguing. D had quite a busy day – first playing with his buddies at the gym and then getting to play with his cousin all afternoon.

For lunch today I really wanted a sweet potato and I had a biggie in the fridge that was looking pretty appetizing. I cooked it in the microwave as soon as I got home then put it back in the fridge to chill while I took a shower. Once I was all cleaned up it was time to eat. I stuffed the sweet potato with 1/2 cup cottage cheese then sprinkled on cinnamon.

HPIM6072

I wanted to end with a little sweetness but wasn’t feeling the bread thing today so I mixed 3/4 cup Kashi Heart 2 Heart, 1/2 an ounce of almonds and a tablespoon of 365 Vegan Chocolate Chips. It was just what I needed – sweet & crunchy.

HPIM6069

My huz is going out for dinner with my sissy’s husband so I was off the hook tonight. D requested more ravioli with olive oil – so simple. I made a huge salad (it was like 3 cups of lettuce). I threw in a Roma tomato, summer squash, 2 hard boiled egg whites, Boar’s Head Low Sodium Ham, Joseph’s Artichoke Hummus and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. This salad was awesome – the burst of lemon flavor was dynamite.

HPIM6076

On the side I had 2 Wasa Crackers and a tablespoon of PB.

HPIM6077

Now that my little man is all snuggly warm and off to dreamland it is time for Sugar Cookie tea and a Z Bar. I think maybe I’ll watch a movie or flip around and see if there is anything exciting on TV. I hope you have a great evening. See you tomorrow.


Edit: I totally forgot to post my afternoon snack, oops!! At 3:30 I had 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 3/4 cup TJ's High Fiber cereal and a BIG golden delicious apple.

4 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Aww, so lovely that you got to spend some quality time with family today!!

I had a sweet potato today too - yum!! :-)

Have a restful evening!!

magpie said...

Sounds like you had a nice day - I miss my sister!

I hope that when I have kids they are as cool as D - he's so sweet!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Love "biggie" sweet potatoes!

seecourteat said...

Nothing better than family time! (or sweet potatoes)