Friday, December 26, 2008

A Way Better Picture

Thanks to my one of honey’s present – my Photo Studio in a box -  I have lovely photos of breakfast this morning.  Since my blog is really important to me he knew that this gift would be a sure winner. He ordered it from Think Geek which is a company that offers all kinds of wacky gadgets and gizmos.  He ordered my Serenity T-Shirt from there as well – mmmm, Captain Mal.  He is on my eye candy list. 

I was up and out the door by 7 this morning – my gym opened a couple hours later today. I ate a banana before venturing out onto the icy roads.  It got so warm yesterday that we had some serious melting but then the temp. dropped drastically overnight and created a TON of black ice.  I did a nice 6 mile run followed by a sweaty 20 minutes on the Precor AMT. It is amazing how sore my pectoral muscles are from the Power Yoga yesterday. I am feeling muscle soreness without even lifting a free weight or a dumbbell.  I am actually exited to do some yoga later today for a deep stretch which I can really use after cleaning. 

For breakfast I had a delicious bowl of Multigrain Hot Cereal.

HPIM6671

I cooked 1/2 up multigrain with 3/4 cup water in the microwave.  I then added a chopped golden delicious apple – it was a BIG guy.  I then tossed on some cinnamon and a couple tbsp honey roasted peanuts (they were a gift from my sweetie-pie niece).  I also had 2 banana biscotti which end up getting added to the mix. 

 

HPIM6672

I am off to clean my sister-in-law’s house with my guys in tow.  I hope you are lucky enough to have the day off of work so you can get in some extra family time. Have an awesome day!

5 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Faaabulous photos, food, soreness form yoga... ;-) Hooray!!

Happy Friday, Sammie!!

K said...

Your pictures look GORGEOUS! What a great Christmas gift!!

Be careful in the ice!!

Anonymous said...

so glad you had a nice holiday. D has an awfully cool Mommy and Daddy. I was wondering how many hours a day you average for working out? It seems like a helluva lot! A musing on exercise would be much appreciated from one of my favorite bloggers (I literally write "mess" in my food journals now when I attempt to recreate some of your delish concoctions!)

Sammie said...

Anonymous,
Yes I do exercise a lot, it is a part of my life. I have a lot of energy and NEED to release it. I am a stay at home mommy so I need some alone time and that happens to be how I get it.

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Hey Sammie! What a thoughtful gift from you hubby. Picture perfect b'fast, and I love the addition of honey roasted peanuts. Nothing like a little crunch in you morning mess :)