Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Vicks to the Rescue

Last night I had Charlie smear Vicks VapoRub all over my chest so that I could actually breath when I was laying down.  Let me tell you, that stuff ROCKS!!!  I slept so much better.  I was able to go to the gym at 5 this morning and get a workout in before heading back there with my side-kick for our 2 hour babysitting session.  I was so happy to be able to run today and it didn’t wipe me out. 

Before going to the gym this morning I had to have a little something to eat because I was starving when I woke up.  I toasted a Kashi waffle and topped it with a tablespoon of Smucker’s Low Sugar Raspberry Preserves.

HPIM5970

My breakfast bowl was quite a beauty and not only to my eyes but to my tummy as well.  I mixed 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup butternut squash, 1/2 cup cran-apple sauce, TJ’s High Fiber cereal, Cinnamon Puffins and a tablespoon PB.  I love how the cran-apple sauce mixes with the yogurt and turns lovely shades of pink.

HPIM5972 HPIM5971

After my shift at the gym, I dragged D to Old Navy to see if I could find more Christmas gifts for my family.  I was successful.  I can cross my mommy and Papa off the list.  I still need to find something for my Nana and Grampy, plus I need to get a few more things for my honey.  I guarantee he hasn’t even started shopping yet. 

I made some lunch when we got home.  My little man had a nice bowl of pasta with olive oil – sometimes he is so easy to feed. 

I made a nice plate of veggies (1/2 a tomato, summer squash & artichoke hearts), 1/2 cup cottage cheese which I seasoned with dill and fresh ground black pepper.  I also had a piece of TJ’s Sprouted Wheat toast. 

HPIM5977

I was in the mood for a little something sweet to end my lunch, so I toasted another piece of Sprouted Wheat bread, topped it with a tablespoon of PB and a tablespoon of 365 Vegan Chocolate Chips – thanks goodness for the dairy free chips.  This was of course amazing – you all know my love of PB but combine it with chocolate, well it doesn’t get any better than that for this mommy. 

HPIM5979

D is just relaxing after quite a busy morning – his 2 fav buds were at the gym today.  The three of them were nonstop madness the entire 2 hours.  I think I will let him veg for a few more minutes then maybe we can do some baking and go to the library.  I would like to make Charlie something yummy to come home to tonight. 

Okay – the little monkey just came in and asked for a banana – I guess it is feeding time again.  I told you he was a busy boy today.  Now that he devoured that he wants yogurt – that’s my healthy boy!!! 

Happy Wednesday!!

10 comments:

polly said...

Healthy boy! :) I love that you feed D the same healthy way you feed you. (with a few minor adjustments for a little one's tastes of course ;) Yay for Old Navy and woohoo for that pretty cranberry sauce you made. Wow. Have a great day, Sammie and feel better soon.

Erica said...

Sooooo glad you're feeling better! Glad you got some of your holiday shopping done! I am getting close to the end of my list! I cannot wait! Enjoy ur day with D!

carolinebee said...

PLAIN pasta with butter or olive oil was my absolute fave meal as a little one :D So simple...glad your feeling better that Vicks stuff is awesome!

VeggieGirl said...

Now I'M ill :-(

Sammie said...

VeggieGirl,
I am sorry you are sick. I hope you feel better quickly.

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Love the chocolate/pb combo...or really just chocolate and anything :)

Anonymous said...

maybe you should try skipping your hard runs? I hear your body cannot heal itself easily when it is vulnerable during exericse.

magpie said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better :) Your lunch dessert sounds delish!

Charlie said...

Putting that Vicks on you was the most fun I've had all week.

;)

runningwithfood.com said...

Ohhh ... I love Vick's!! That's some good stuff there. Glad it's helped you feel better! :)