Thursday, December 18, 2008

Two Part Lunch

On our way home from the gym I had to run into Stop & Shop to get some fresh veggies because my stash was down to nearly nothing.   By the time I got home my breakfast was long gone – I needed food ASAP.  I was craving a big old plate of veg.  I stuffed 1/2  a red pepper with 1/2 a cup cottage cheese and seasoned it with pepper and dill.  I also had zucchini and cucumber with 2 tbsp hummus. 

HPIM6432 

I was also in the mood for the monstrous golden delicious apple I bought, so I sliced that big guy and had it too.  After consuming all the veggies and apple my tummy was FULL.  I was chugging lots of water with it which added to the bulk.  I stopped with that and hopped in the shower.  Now that I am clean, I am ready to have my second part of lunch which is a piece of Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin toast topped with a tbsp PB and cranberry apple butter. 

HPIM6431

AND I bought a box of PB Puffins today.  I am of course going to have some of those too.  I just made a cup of Sugar Cookie tea which will be super delish with my toast and Puffins. 

HPIM6430

I am going to get my hair trimmed in a little while.  My appointment was for tomorrow but we are supposed to get 6-10 inches of snow tomorrow afternoon, so I changed it to today.  Yeah, that’s right, the evil white stuff is heading my way.  Looks like my days of running outside have come to a halt for the season.  I NEED TO MOVE TO THE SOUTH!!! 

Have a great afternoon.

6 comments:

ashley (sweetandnatural) said...

The snow storm is hitting NYC too! I was flying out tomorrow to visit my family, but at the last minute, changed my flight to tonight. I had to run home from work to pack in time, but I feel better about it!

VeggieGirl said...

PB PUFFINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

Snow storm here too :-( Let's head South, for sure!!

K said...

We have the same forecast here too - be careful!!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

The South doesn't get much snow, but it's rather cold and gloomy here as well :( However, a bowl of Puffins always provides a little cheer!

Aggie said...

Your stuffed red peppers have been looking so yummy! I am going to have to try those!

Come down and visit me in FL...it's 86 today, not really holiday weather!

Meghann said...

I really need to hunt down some PB Puffins.yum