Saturday, December 6, 2008

Trying to Stay Warm

Oh boy is it freezing today.  I am finding it very difficult to stay warm.  I am drinking tea but that is not really helping :(  I wish I lived some place warm. 

This morning I managed to run 8 miles outside even though it was about 19 degrees out there. Before I left I had 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce, 1/2 cup TJ’s High Fiber cereal, 1/2 cup Cinnamon Puffins and 1/2 a tablespoon of PB.

HPIM6079

When I got back I wasn’t quite hungry, so I hopped in the shower to defrost.  It was so warm I didn’t want to get out.  We had to hurry out the door to get D to karate so I made a to-go bowl of savory oats.    I cooked 1/2 cup oats in water then added a few tablespoons of shredded cheese and topped it with an egg.

HPIM6080

When we got back to the house I had a snack – a sliced apple and a piece of lite Swiss cheese. 

HPIM6082

Then I dusted, vacuumed and did some laundry.  I am having a very productive day with the tidying up of my house.

For lunch I stuffed a red pepper (it was raw) with 1/2 cup cottage cheese and 1/4 cup Artichoke hummus.  The pepper was so crunchy and the flavors really worked great together.  I will be making this again – this was so my type of food. 

HPIM6085

Of course I wanted a little something sweet to end things off, so I went back to the PB, chocolate toast.  This time I spread the chips around once they were melted (I only used 1 tablespoons worth – a little went a long way).  Under the layer of chocolate was 1/2 a tablespoon of PB per slice of Sprouted Wheat bread.  It was crispy, sweet and delicious. 

HPIM6087

I am off to tackle more laundry.  Maybe if I keep moving I will not feel so chilly.  Have a great day.  See you tonight. 

6 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Freeeeeezing here as well - and a major blizzard!!

Good luck with your laundry, and be sure to keep warm!!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Hey Sammie. Ugh, I hate being chilled. Love the "pepper boat"! I'll have to try that one soon.

magpie said...

your dessert looks heavenly. i hate being cold - my office is always freezing and when I was in college (Ithaca, NY) I despised winter because I was so miserable. hope you warm up soon!!

runningwithfood.com said...

I'm impressed with your run in the freezing cold!

Your lunch looks great!

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Erica said...

Get under that heated blanket! I hate cold weather too!

K said...

HOLY COW - that dessert is seriously divine!

Lovin the savory oats. Don't freeze in the weather :(