Friday, December 19, 2008

There Must be an Easier Way

Looking outside right now you would have no idea what is about to happen today. They are predicting a foot of snow – AAAAHHHH!!! Then we are going to get more on Sunday – I hate MA. That’s right I hate this state and I want to move to a nice warm climate. Have I said that before – oh yeah, only like everyday this winter.

I was up and out the door at 5 this morning. Before my workout I had a Kashi BB Waffle and 1/2 a banana. My workout consisted of intervals for 3 miles, I then ran another 2 miles, hopped on the Precor AMT for 20 min. and ended with a decent weight lifting session.

HPIM6443

I had to stop at the grocery store again today – I swear I am there like 4 times a week. D is sick – he has a cold. He was up a lot last night – he is coughing which sounds awful. We set up the Vick's Vaporizer for him and smeared a good layer of Vick’s on his little chest. My poor little man needs extra TLC today. He said to me this morning “Mommy are you going to make me feel better?” I promised him some soup and OJ so that’s what I needed to get on my way home. While I was there I bought a pumelo and 2 grapefruit – I am still craving lots of fruit.

For breakfast I wanted to try the pumelo. Well that sucker took me 30 minutes to peel – there must be an easier way to eat these things.

HPIM6444 HPIM6446

I had about a cups worth and Charlie ate the rest. It was a lot of work for some eats but thank goodness the fruit is mighty tasty.

HPIM6454

I also made a messy bowl of goodies which featured the beloved PB Puffins. I started with 1/4 cup oat bran mixed with 1/2 cup Greek yogurt. I then added 2 tbsp hemp protein powder, 1 cup PB Puffins and a tbsp PB. This sure was a pleasurable bowl of nuttiness. I am loving the hemp powder.

HPIM6450

My honey is working from home today because of the storm. Even though he is not on vaca yet, it is nice to have him in the house. I need to run to the UPS Store before the snow starts to fall – thankfully I won’t have to drag D with me.

Happy Friday!

7 comments:

Erica said...

I've never had a pumello? What does it taste like? I hope D feels better! I love MA and I'm glad I grew up there but it was wayyyyyyyy too cold for me. Hence the move to SC!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Hope D is feeling better soon. My mom always rubbed Vicks all over us when we were sick - worked like a charm. Good luck with the snow storm and enjoy the time at home with your hubby :)

VeggieGirl said...

The snowstorm has already hit here :-( Scary!!

PB PUFFINS!!! HEMP PROTEIN POWDER!!! Holy yum.

Wishing D a quick & full recovery!!

HeatherBakes said...

Aw, that breaks my heart! I hope D feels better soon.

Holy snow!!! I've never seen a snowstorm that big. Stay safe and warm!

Sammie said...

Erica,
It is kind of like a grapefruit but not as juicy. I think I will stick with grapefruit and oranges even though the pumelo was tasty, it was too much of a pain to get to the flesh.

K said...

Good luck today!! The snow storm is still sitting on MI and there's lots of the white stuff :)

Erica said...

Thank you for the response! Josh might like that...hes a fan of grapefruits. hmmm. Glad D is feeling a bit better!