Monday, December 8, 2008

Stuffed Red Pepper & More Nut Butter

It is so great that playing with Play-Doh can occupy D (and Mommy) for hours.  Unfortunately our Play-Doh now looks like a big yucky mess – thankfully it is cheap. 

For a snack this afternoon I mixed Greek yogurt (less than 1/2 a cup), 1/2 cup pumpkin and 3/4 cup Kashi Heart 2 Heart.

HPIM6143 

I also had a golden delicious apple.

HPIM6145

I had a very simple dinner tonight.  I don’t know why it took me so long to try this out but now that I have I am hooked.  I stuffed a raw red pepper with 1/2 cup cottage cheese and 2 tablespoons hummus.  The pepper was so sweet and crunchy.  On the side I had some TJ’s 12 Grain mini crackers which I did end up scooping some of the filling onto. 

HPIM6146

I also had 2 Wasa crackers (I was trying to avoid eating more bread – that gets kind of boring).  One cracker was topped with a tablespoon of PB and 1/2 a tablespoon of Reduced Sugar Strawberry Preserves and the other one had 1/2 a tablespoon of SunButter and 1/2 a tablespoon of the same preserves. 

HPIM6148

I am feeling a little hungry but I am kind of not in the mood to eat anything else.  I really hate to go to bed hungry.  If I am up much longer I will probably hunt down a snackie.  Have a great night. 

4 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Delish eats and hooray for playing with D :-)

Have a lovely evening, Sammie!!

Bridget said...

I LOVE playing with play-doh with my little niece...I think I have more fun than she does!

By the way the posts before of your baby are ADORABLE...he was so tiny in the Christmas picture...perfect little guy :)

Jaime said...

hi sammie! just thought i would say hi! i love your blog-- i've been reading it for a few weeks!! you make great "messes" i definitely want to try to make my own sometime! & you have the cutest kid ever!! i noticed you said you were from the boston area-- so am i! well i look forward to reading more!!

magpie said...

The pictures of you and D earlier are so beautiful :) You were definitely one of those glowing moms.

Have you ever tried making play-doh? My mom used to make it. I think it has tartar sauce in it. Anyhow, it always tasted bitter - but it was edible! And probably cheap.