Thursday, December 11, 2008

Still Waiting

D and I are still waiting for Mimi and Papa to arrive.  They were going to leave around 8 AM for their 6 – 7 hour trek.  So I should be expecting them soon. 

Even though I had a glorious breakfast my tummy needed a refill around 10:30 -  just a little something to hold me till lunch.  I mixed less than 1/2 a cup Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup Cinnamon Puffins and a drizzle of cranberry apple butter.  This did the trick and I wasn’t hungry for lunch until almost 1 – that is pretty late for this mommy.

HPIM6208

When I finally set out to make lunch I decided on a little sampler. I had Ezekiel toast with a tablespoon of AB and cranberry apple butter, 1/2 a raw red pepper with a tablespoon of hummus and a 1/2 cup cottage cheese mixed with TJ’s High Fiber cereal and a drizzle of cranberry apple butter.  Can you tell that I missed the cranberry goodness – it’s popping into everything. 

HPIM6212 HPIM6213 HPIM6214

I have been able to address about 1/3 of my Christmas cards – my wrist started to get sore so I took a break.  Nothing too exciting going on this afternoon – sorry to be such a bore.  It is just a gloomy day here.  I hope you are having some sunshine.  Have a great afternoon, see you tonight.

6 comments:

carolinebee said...

that's a good idea to make a little of everything you're in the mood for! I take forever to decide on what to eat sometimes! Have fun with the parents and cards :D

ConsiderEatz! said...

Have fun with the grandparents, Its quite gloomy here too !
-Caroline :)

Rose said...

It's a gloomy day here too. I can't wait until 5 p.m. I need to get out of this dark office!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

No sunshine in Nashville either. Cold and rainy. Glad you're enjoying your cranberries :)

VeggieGirl said...

Have a wonderful time with Mimi & Papa!! :-)

K said...

Love your lunch!

Have fun when the grandparents get there :)