Saturday, December 20, 2008

Still Snowing

Well it did stop snowing for about an hour this morning but then it started up again and it is still SNOWING!!!! We went out and cleaned up – thank goodness our neighbors let us use their snowblower or it would have taken us hours.  As it was we were out there for an hour and a half. 

Here are some lovely pictures of the mess we are in.

Before digging out

HPIM6476

After the snowblowing action 

HPIM6479

This is how deep the snow is.

HPIM6478

Mommy and D all bundled ready to attack.

snow1

And our other crew member.

snow2

The kicker is they are predicting 6 more inches tomorrow :(

Here is what I have consumed so far today.

Breakfast was 1/3 cup oat bran, 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, 1/2 a banana, 3/4 cup PB Puffins, 1/2 a tbsp each of SunButter, Almond Butter and Peanut Butter plus a little cranberry apple butter.

HPIM6466

I hopped on the Water Rower for an hour -  obviously I was stuck to an inside workout.  Before going outside I ate a grapefruit and a Z Bar.

HPIM6468  HPIM6469

Lunch was veggies (zucchini & cuke) with 1/4 cup hummus, 1/2 cup cottage cheese and 2 pieces of Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin bread spread with a tbsp PB and cranberry apple butter.

HPIM6483 

I was able to venture to Whole Foods and pick up some ingredients for dinner.  It is something very new to me but I am so excited to try it.  Thanks Heather for the recipe.  See you tonight with some pictures.

8 comments:

Erica said...

Oh goodness gracious! My sister said it is just terrible! I hope the storm some how misses you tomorrow! What a cute snow cleaning crew ;)

VeggieGirl said...

YIKES!! Stay warm and out of all that snow!! But kudos to the snow crew for taking care of the situation :-)

Obligatory shout-out to the Puffins!!

*Erica* said...

Geez! Look at all that snow! I can only remember having that much snow twice in MY LIFE! It pretty much shuts everything down around here. Glad you all were able to dig out and you can still get out and go. Bundle up and stay safe!

runningwithfood.com said...

Fabulous snow-cleaning crew! All bundled up!!

The snow looks so pretty ... all we are getting here is nasty rain. :(

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Charlie said...

She makes it sound worse than it is. ;)

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Thanks for the snow pictures. Love the tri-nut butter breakfast! Can't wait to hear how the dinner turns out!

Meghann said...

Oh my that's a lot of snow! I'm jealous you're going to have a White Christmas!

Aggie said...

Look at that snow!! I know it must be a pain...but it really looks so pretty!

I threw some puffins into my not so healthy Christmas candy mix this year! Never had puffins before you Sammie! Now if I could only find the PB ones....(but the cinnamon are good!!)