Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Soaked Oatmeal Stuffing

Good evening wonderful readers.  I am making this a quick post then I am off to bed so that I can rise early and go to the gym. Tomorrow D and I have to  “work”. 

I bought a new yogurt to try because I had a coupon.  This stuff was very thick and it was not overly sweet.  I prefer plain but this was a nice change. 

HPIM6176

I ate it with  3/4 cup TJ’s High Fiber cereal and a sliced golden delicious apple.

HPIM6178

This afternoon I started a 1/4 cup of oats soaking in 1/4 cup of water so that I could use them for dinner.  I mixed the soaked oats with 1/2 cup cottage cheese and used it as stuffing for 1/2 a roasted acorn squash and 1/2 a raw yellow pepper.  I seasoned the squash stuffing with cinnamon and the pepper with some dill.  I love how creamy and nutty the oats get when they have been able to sit and drink up all that moister.  I would have to say that oatmeal is so versatile and such an inexpensive healthy ingredient. 

HPIM6182

I also had 2 Wasa crackers with a tablespoon of PB, 1/2 a tablespoon of SunButter and a tablespoon of Strawberry Preserves.

HPIM6183

Dessert tonight was my favorite Z Bar and my favorite tea – Sugar Cookie. 

HPIM6184

That is all for today.  Time to crawl into my nice warm bed – it has been preheated and it is waiting for me. 

Have a great night.

3 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Yum!!

Good luck at "work" tomorrow!!

Bridget said...

That's my favorite Z-bar too! SO chocolaty! I think I should try that tea, sounds delicious.

magpie said...

Preheated bed sounds fab. I love being warm.