Monday, December 29, 2008

Poor Planning = Headache

Our errands took us longer than I expected. Silly me didn’t pack a snack to have when hunger struck which resulted in a headache.  I had to whip up something quick for dinner so this is what I came up with.  I mixed 1/3 cup oat bran with 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, about 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup Original Puffins and about 2 tbsp Orange Ginger Almonds.  I bought the almonds at WF today.  The sad thing is they don’t taste a thing like orange or ginger.  They just taste like a candied nut.  Oh well, they are tasty regardless of the lack of flavor. 

HPIM6800

For some veg I just had a little butternut squash. Some did make it’s way into the bowl which tastes pretty yummy.

HPIM6804

I did indulge in a little dessert. I started with a bed of frozen blueberries (1/2 a cup) then I added 1/2 a cup of Stonyfield Farms Low Fat Minty Chocolate Chip frozen yogurt and topped it off with a tbsp of PB.

HPIM6805

I managed to do a great yoga session tonight.  I started with a little Fluid Power followed by some Power Yoga.  I can feel my arms and legs shaking from the workout but I feel so relaxed and rejuvenated.

My honey has been in the basement since D went to bed. He set up a stereo system down there – I think he has his own “Man Town” going on.  He has the music pretty loud but not loud enough to wake up our little monkey.  I think I will go spy on him and see what he is up to :) I might need to have a piece of fruit or a big old glass of water because I am feeling a bit hungry.  I hope you all had a great day.  See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Eeek, so sorry about the hunger-induced headache, and about the falsely-named flavored almonds :-( But hooray for squash, Puffins, fun dessert... yum!! :-)

Get enough rest!!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Glad you got more oat bran :)

Mmmm, ice-cream...with nut butter. Always excellent combo Sammie!

Ha! My husband dreams of his own man-cave someday :)

lovinmytummy said...

I'm glad you found yoga...sometimes its just what a mommy needs.

How are you liking Shiva? I did her prenatal DVDs during both of my pregnancies and really liked her.