Saturday, December 13, 2008

Party Time

The party was a blast!! 

First let me recap the eats then I will get to the birthday fun. 

After my 8.8 mile run this morning I had 1/2 cup oatmeal cooked with water then seasoned with pepper, salt and basil.  I topped the oats with a cooked egg – I love savory oats.

HPIM6247

After we got back from karate I had a snackie – less than 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup Cinnamon Puffins and a drizzle of cranberry apple butter.

HPIM6252 

For lunch I had a piece of Ezekiel bread which I toasted then topped it with tomato slices and Swiss cheese.  I tossed it under the broiler till the cheese was melty – mmmmm!!!  On the side I had the rest of the tomato with some dried basil and pepper. 

HPIM6254

For some more protein I had 1/2 cup cottage cheese and of course it needed some goodies so I added TJ’s High Fiber cereal, a tablespoon of PB and jelly.

HPIM6256

We headed to the party which like I said was at D’s favorite ice cream shop.  I was freezing cold so I was not in the mood to have ice cream but I brought a Kashi Chewy Granola bar (Cherry Dark Chocolate flavor).  I ended up eating my granola bar on the ride home – by then I did need a snack. 

For dinner I cooked 1/2 cup Oat bran with water, added a slice of Swiss cheese and topped it off with a baked sweet potato (no skin), lentils and salsa – sooooo yummy. 

HPIM6307 

I also had a sliced Gala apple with 2 Ryvita crackers that were topped with 1/2 a tablespoon of PB and 1/2 a tablespoon of SunButter. 

HPIM6309

Now lets get to the fun!! 

HPIM6258 

HPIM6262

D chose cookie dough ice cream. 

party1

His cousin blew out his candle – he was obviously not happy about that.  We relit it and let him make his wish. 

party2

party3

He was looking through the cone like a telescope – I thought that was too cute. 

party4

party5

party6

party6

He got lots of cool gifts.  All the kids had a great time ripping into everything. 

party7

Mommy & Daddy with the Birthday boy. 

family

So there you have D’s 4th birthday party.

I am just hanging out with my mommy and Papa – Charlie went over a friends house for a Christmas party.  I felt like staying home with my mom because I don’t see her that much.  We are watching a little TV and relaxing.  I might have a Z Bar and tea for a snack. 

I hope you had a great Saturday.  Enjoy your evening. 

7 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Your lentil-sweet potato-salsa combination is similar to my black bean-sweet-potato-spinach-salsa combination - both are deeeeeish!!

WHAT A FUN 4TH BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION!!! So cute :-)

Erica said...

8.8 miles run? Girl you rock! Eats look fabulous!

Happy Birthday to D! Tooo cute! Glad he got lots of fun stuff and had a good time!

*Erica* said...

What a fun party! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, D!

Have a great evening with your mom!

Kath said...

Happy Birthday D!!!!!!!!!

Aggie said...

Oh Happy Birthday D!! He's such a cutie!! 4 is such an awesome age, my son has grown up so much since turning 4...glad it was a great birthday for your little boy!! :)

ksgoodeats said...

Aw, HAPPY BIRTHDAY D!!

Looks like the party was a success!

runningwithfood.com said...

YAY! Happy Birthday, D!! The party looks like great fun!