Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Pancakes for the Sicky

The easiest meal that I could think of besides eggs was pancakes.  Plus I have a bag of Vegan Chocolate Chips – hence my Chocolate Chip Pancake dinner.  I mixed 1/2 cup dry oatmeal, 1/2 cup egg substitute, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp vanilla.  I was able to get four nice size “cakes” from that amount of batter.  I sprayed the pan before cooking each one then before flipping I added a few chocolate chips to the pancakes – I used a tablespoons worth total.  I topped the pancakes with a tablespoon of PB – the perfect accompaniment for chocolate.  On the side I had a sliced apple.

HPIM5965 HPIM5964

Thankfully I bought a frozen pizza at Whole Foods the other day so my guys shared it for dinner. 

Dessert tonight was more chocolate but in the form of a Z Bar which was joined by a cup of Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride tea – this is my 3rd cup today – I would have to say it is now my favorite tea. 

HPIM5967

I am off to bed – I have to work in the AM.  I am guessing that is probably where I got this cold – there were lots of boogies last week – AAAHHH!!!!!  I washed my hands ASAP but the germs still got to me. 

Thanks for all the get well wishes – you guys are awesome.  I hope you all are well and that the winter germies do not get to you.  Have a great night. 

7 comments:

ashley (sweet and natural) said...

Pancakes for dinner has to make you feel better!

VeggieGirl said...

Scrumptious pancakes!!

Ahh, don't let those little kids make you feel sicker!! Hang in there tomorrow!!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Feel Better Sammie. Those pancakes look yummy!

seeleelive (for the love of peanut butter) said...

Hey do you add anything to that tea? I have it as well.


GET BETTER ASAP!

HeatherBakes said...

Is that tea Celestial Seasonings? If so, I bought that and the gingerbread flavor- they're both wonderful! Although it kind of freaked me out that the sugar cookie flavor doesn't change color. It's like drinking flavored water.

Feel better soon, Sammie!!

Sammie said...

Lee,
I do not add anything to my tea. I enjoy it as is.
Heather,
Yes it is Celestial Seasonings and I thought the same thing when I made my first cup.

pinkcowgirl said...

Oooo, those look so good!!! I'm going to have to try it!