Friday, December 12, 2008

Over a Mound of Bran

I have been on a great roll with my savory oat experiments so I decided to try out another this evening.  I cooked 1/2 cup Oat Bran with water until it was thick and creamy.  While it was still warm I added a piece of lite Swiss cheese which made a mound of gooey goodness.

Along with the bran I had veggies that I started marinating this morning.  The marinade was the juice from 1/2 a lime, curry powder, paprika and salt.  The veggies were able to sit in my fridge for about 7 hours which resulted in awesome flavor. 

HPIM6236

I made a big batch using lentils, a tomato and green beans (they were frozen but thawed out during the marinating process).  This was delicious and the oat bran was so thick and delicious.

HPIM6239

I also had a golden delicious apple and a tablespoon of PB.

HPIM6240

Tomorrow is D’s party he is super excited.  We are having an ice cream party at his favorite ice cream joint – Spruce Pond Creamery.  Everyone is meeting there around 2 o’clock for the celebration.  I am not sure what my posting will be like tomorrow but I promise to take plenty of photos to share with you. 

Time to spend some more time with my mommy.  Have a great night.

3 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Delish!! Looove lots of lentils & vegetables in ANY dish.

CAN'T WAIT TO READ ABOUT D'S PARTY!!! :-D

Erica said...

mmm that looks so good! Have fun at D's party and enjoy time with mama! Cannot wait to see the pictures!

Jaime said...

glad to hear you were not affected too badly by the storm!!! have a great time at the ice cream party tomorrow!! & thank you thank you for your KIND words! they mean so much! :)