Monday, December 22, 2008

One Banana Two Banana

For some reason I have an over abundance of bananas right now and they are looking pretty ripe.

HPIM6524

D was eating them but has not had one for a few days.  That means I am the only one eating these guys – which is fine because I LOVE bananas.  I had banana #1 before heading to the gym this morning at 5 AM. Then when I made my breakfast another one appeared in my yummy mess.  These bananas are a bit on the small side – I buy the little ones so that D will finish the whole thing. 

 

HPIM6526 

Here is what accompanied banana #2 : 1/4 cup oat bran mixed with 1/4 cup water (I let it sit for a few minutes to absorb), 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 cup Cinnamon Puffins and a tbsp almond butter and cranberry apple butter – mmmm, I adore that crimson delight.

 

HPIM6530

D & I were going try to have lunch with daddy today but he might be too busy.  He is going to call me and let me know what the low-down is.  D loves to go see his daddy at work.  He works at a HUGE power plant which to a little guy is a pretty cool and exciting structure to see. 

I hope you have great morning.  Happy Monday!!  Let the countdown to Christmas begin. 

5 comments:

K said...

Some of those are just asking to be made into banana bread!

Hope D gets to have lunch with his dad!!

Erica said...

Yayy for bananas! I have a bundle too which are going into banana coconut bread tomorrow night! Hope the husband can get out of work for lunch!

VeggieGirl said...

WOWZA!! Gotta use up those bananas - I second K on the banana bread baking!! :-D

Happy Monday!!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Hope you get to dine with the hubby! Bananas - such a versatile fruit. Love them - jealous of your abundance as I am out :(

fitforfree said...

Hi Sammie! I enjoyed a "mess" for dinner last night (soy yogurt, pumpkin, apple, cinnamon puffins and sunflower seed butter); I have you to thank for those! Good luck with the snow... it's all grey and icy on the sidewalks down here in NYC...I'm a little jealous that you guys got so much nice snow :-)