Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Not the Prettiest Bowl of Oats

Today is just another go, go, go day.  I was at the gym by 5 and it was snowing – yuck!!!  Before my workout I ate a banana.  Once I was home and clean I made an interesting bowl of oat bran.  It was a tad on the ugly side – I was kind of scared to take a bite.  I mixed 1/3 cup oat bran, 1/2 cup Rice Dream Vanilla Hazelnut and 2 tbsp hemp protein.  I cooked it in the microwave until it was nice and creamy.  The color was absolutely hideous – it reminded me of a swamp. D kept asking me what was in my bowl.  I let the mix cool for a few minutes before adding a Honey Graham Z Bar and a tbsp of PB.  Believe it or not it was delicious.  I couldn’t really taste the Rice Milk but I could taste the yummy nutty hemp protein.  This was a stick to my ribs bowl of goodness. 

HPIM6381

For lunch I stuffed a red pepper with 1/2 cup cottage cheese and 2 tbsp hummus.  I also had a piece of Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin toast with a tbsp PB and a drizzle of cranberry apple butter. 

HPIM6384

I felt like I needed a little more so I opted for 1/2 a cup if Greek yogurt topped with 3/4 cup Cinnamon Puffins and more cranberry apple butter. 

HPIM6383

I am on cookie baking duty today.  I am going to bake a bunch of goodies for my honey to take to work tomorrow.  I can’t let the holiday go by without making some yummies for the co-worker fan club. 

See you all later.  I promise to have pictures of all the treats. 

3 comments:

K said...

I really need to try the CC and hummus combo - it's two of my favorite things!

Have fun baking today :)

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

You and VeggieGirl have me really wanting to try some hemp protein. Will have to pick some up next time I'm at Whole Foods.

VeggieGirl said...

All the food looks pretty to me!! :-D

Good luck with the busyness and have tons of fun baking!!