Sunday, December 7, 2008

A New Cardio Workout

I didn’t stay up too late last night, but I did have a Z Bar and a cup of tea while flipping through the TV stations for a little while.

This morning I woke up around 6 to snow falling – I HATE SNOW!!!  At least we are only getting a dusting.  I will not run in the snow because I am afraid of slipping and falling.  Could you imagine me being laid up? That would be VERY bad.  Therefore, I went to the gym this morning.  I woke up starving and made a mini mess.  For some reason – maybe my hunger – I totally forgot to snap a photo.  It looked like my typical mess just 1/2 the size. I mixed 1/4 cup cottage cheese, 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce, 1 Weetabix biscuit, 3/4 cup Cinnamon Puffins and a tablespoon PB. 

At the gym I ran 6 miles then I decided to try out a new piece of equipment that my gym got on Friday.  It is a Precor AMT.  I was only going to use it for a few minutes but it is such a crazy piece of equipment that I got a little hooked and decided to finish the Fat Burn program that I started.  It takes a little getting used to at first because you can use it as an elliptical runner or a stairclimber.  You can switch your motion instantly.  I totally felt the workout in my arms which I very rarely do when I use other elliptical machines.  The calorie burn is pretty impressive too.  If you get a chance to try one of these machines out I definitely recommend that you do. 

When I got home I was in need of a refuel so I made another mess and remembered to take a picture this time.  I mixed 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup pumpkin, 1/4 cup TJ’s High Fiber cereal, 3/4 cup Kashi Heart 2 Heart and 1/2 a tablespoon PB. 

HPIM6119

In between housework and errands yesterday I was able to have our Christmas cards made.  I used Walgreens Photo online card maker – so simple and super fast. 

Here it is – I am very pleased with how they came out.  My order was ready in an hour – I had 60 of these babies made.  Now that is great service.

HPIM6120

That is all the excitement so far today for this mommy.  I am not sure what the rest of the day holds for me. Enjoy your Sunday.

9 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

I too hate snow - BLAH!! It's awful here today :-(

Great workout!!

Lovely holiday card/photo!!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday, Sammie!!

VeggieGirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Samantha said...

Sammie-

Have you tried heating up your Z bar? I love the Chocolate Brownie flavor, too. I put it in the microwave last night for 15 seconds and it was sooo good! I think it would be really good with yogurt, too.

K said...

Cute card!! All three of you look great :)

Have an enjoyable Sunday!

*Erica* said...

Your Christmas cards are beautiful! And I've never heard of that cardio machine you used, sounds very cool...nice change! And I'm sorry to say, but I would kinda like to see a little snow, could you send some our way?! Nothing heavy, just enough to be pretty would be fine!

Have a great Sunday!

Aggie said...

Love the holiday card!!

Angie said...

I call that the "Moonwalker" at my gym. I love it! It's a really tough workout, but... smooth? I can't tell if that's the word I'm looking for :) The movements just seem so natural.

VERY cute family picture; Happy Holidays!

Meghann said...

I love photo christmas cards! What an adorable family portrait :)

strongandhealthy said...

It's snowing like crazy here too! Yuck!

Love your holiday card!