Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My Last Post of 2008

Thankfully the snow has stopped and we only ended up with 8 inches.  It is a very light and fluffy snow which makes it much easier to clean up.  The wind has really picked up out there so a lot of snow is flying around from that.  D is all tucked into bed and fast asleep – I just peeked into his tent and he is out.  I am actually ready to turn in myself – I feel like such an old lady.  I managed to get in a nice yoga session this evening.  The stretching felt so good having run 6 miles this morning. 

I tried making ice cream in the Vita-Mix blender again tonight.  This time I used much less ingredients and only ended up with a normal serving.  I used a very small banana, 1/3 cup 1% milk, 1/2 a tbsp agave and about 2 cups of ice.  It came out pretty good – I loved the texture. I have to tweak the recipe because I would have liked it to be a little sweeter.  I am loving this thing – who doesn’t adore fresh ice cream and it is super healthy. 

HPIM6899

The rest of my eats went like this:

I added this little baby to my afternoon snack.

HPIM6889

In my bowl was 1/2 a cup Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup Cinnamon Puffins, 1/4 cup Original Puffins, the mini box of raisins and Orange Ginger Almonds.

HPIM6893

For some reason that snack did not last more than 2 hours so I had a pear to hold me over till I made some dinner.

HPIM6894

For dinner I had a Dr. Praeger’s Veggie Burger topped with 1/2 a slice Swiss cheese, a mini whole wheat bagel topped with a tbsp PB and a teensy bit of cranberry apple butter. I also ate the rest of the cheese that would not fit on the patty on the side.

HPIM6898

Even thought I had the banana ice cream a few hours later I needed a little something so I had a cup of tea and a Z Bar.

HPIM6901

Hopefully my what seems like a bottomless pit today has had its fill.  Time to go see what Charlie is up to.  I doubt we will be staying up much later.  My early morning sure is catching up with me fast.

I hope you all  have a safe and spectacular night.  See you in 2009.

2 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Hooray for revitalizing yoga stretches and delicious eats.

Happy New Year!!

Erica said...

8 inches of snow! Goodness! Get some rest! Eats look fabulous- especially the ice cream!