Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Multigrain Goodness

We ventured out in the rain today but made it home without getting too drenched.  I have to say that Trader Joe’s has some serious holiday goodies on the selves right now.  I of course did not spend my money on these “extras” because we try to keep our food bill to a strict budget.  If you are in the market for some cookies or candy they have oodles to choose from.  I even saw some in pretty holiday boxes which you could most definitely give as gifts. 

Before we left I had a Z Bar – I did not want to end up hungry at the store or those “extras” might have found their way into my cart. 

HPIM6190

I did end up needing another snack later on because it was not dinner time yet and my tummy needed food.  I mixed 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 3/4 cup TJ’s High Fiber cereal, 1 tablespoon cranberry apple butter and 1 tablespoon Almond Butter. 

HPIM6192

I purchased this Multi Grain Hot Cereal today because I am really enjoying the staying power that the oats have.  I thought this would be a nice addition to my options. 

HPIM6193

For dinner I made a stuffed a sweet potato which I cooked in the microwave then popped it in the fridge to chill out all afternoon.  The stuffing was 1/3 cup Multi Grain Hot Cereal cooked in water.  I also drizzled on cranberry apple butter and a tablespoons worth of Almond Butter.  This baby was super filling and quite delicious. 

HPIM6194

A few hours later I decided to have a fruity dessert.  I sliced a golden delicious apple, added 1/4 cup Greek yogurt and a drizzle of my homemade chocolate sauce (1 tsp cocoa powder, 1/2 tsp agave and 1 tsp warm water mixed till smooth).

HPIM6199

Tomorrow is another early gym day because I want to make sure I am home when my mommy arrives.  She is staying until Monday morning – I am so thrilled to have her here for 3 whole days.  Time to call it a day. I hope yours was a good one.  See you tomorrow. 

8 comments:

Erica said...

That cereal looks really good! yayy for your mom coming tomorrow! have so much fun!!

VeggieGirl said...

Glad you didn't get too drenched!!

Delicious eats!!!!!

Good luck at the gym tomorrow morning!! And have fun with Mom :-)

ConsiderEatz! said...

Wow, cool idea with the sweet potato! I need to try that chocolate combo, sounds delish!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Hmmm, never thought of adding oats to my sweet potato. Good idea, and your chocolate sauce on the apple looks delicious!

Jaime said...

ooo that "mess" in the sweet potato looks so yum! where do you get the cranberry topping???!

Sammie said...

Jaime,
I bought the cranberry apple butter at Trader Joe's.

strongandhealthy said...

Yum, love that dessert!

K said...

Multi grains on a sweet potato?! That's brilliant!

Your dessert looks great! Have fun with your mom :)