Monday, December 1, 2008

Mission Accomplished

This afternoon I did some recipe research and came up with a variation of my own for some Double Chocolate Brownie Muffins.  Before I started baking I had a snack of 1/4 cup cottage cheese and a Chocolate Brownie Z Bar. 

HPIM5938

Here is my recipe:

1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon Whole Wheat Pastry Flour

1/4 cup Oat Bran

1/4 cup Organic Nonfat Dry Milk Powder

1/3 Cup Cocoa Powder

1/2 tablespoon Baking Powder

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 cup sugar

1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon Egg Substitute

1/4 cup water

1 tsp vanilla extract

1/4 cup Vegan Chocolate Chips

Preheat oven to 325 and spray a 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick spray.

Mix dry ingredients together then add all the wet – leaving out the chips, stir till well mixed.

Evenly divide the batter into the 12 cups then sprinkle a few chips over the top of each. 

Bake for about 15 minutes or until the toothpick inserted into one comes out clean.  Let cool in the pan for a few minutes before removing to a cooling rack.

Here is the finished product.  They look pretty good.

HPIM5939 HPIM5940

Dinner was simple yet delicious – mommy was not in a cooking mood. I bought these crackers yesterday so I had two for dinner.

HPIM5941

One had melted shredded cheese and the other one had 1 tablespoon of PB.  I also had some roasted acorn squash stuffed with some cottage cheese and sprinkled with cinnamon. There was a sliced apple on the side and more cottage cheese (I had 1/2 cup total).  I mixed the cottage cheese with 1/2 a cup of cran-apple sauce and cinnamon.

HPIM5943 HPIM5944
HPIM5945 HPIM5948

Of course I had to try one of my brownie muffins and it tasted pretty good.  I individually wrapped the other 11 in foil then placed them in a freezer bag.  They are now chilling in the freezer until I need a snackie. 

HPIM5949 HPIM5951

Thanks to everyone for the Congratulations on the POTM Challenge win – you all are so sweet.

My honey brought me home some medicine so I am going to take some and hopefully it will help me get a better nights sleep tonight.  Enjoy your evening.  See you tomorrow.

7 comments:

Erica said...

The brownie muffins look wicked good! Enjoy those ;) I need to do some more baking! Hope you get better sleepies tonight!

VeggieGirl said...

Hooray for muffins!!! They look faaabulous.

Hope you feel better tonight!! Get enough shut-eye, for sure.

Thanks for your input on your last post, about the Puffins - I'm still torn between trying the PB or the Cinnamon flavor first!! Haha. Hopefully I'll decide when I go to Whole Foods tomorrow!! :-)

Andrea said...

I LOVEEEEEE WASA CRACKERS!!!!!! soooo good. i can even eat them plain

K said...

The muffins look great!

Sammie said...

VeggieGirl,
I do love the PB Puffins too - I just tend to buy the Cinnamon because I eat the PB box way too fast. :)

HangryPants said...

Nice muffins! Thanks for the recipe.

I hope the neti pot works and you're feeling better. :D

Heather

Meghann said...

Those brownie muffins looks AMAZING! YUM!