Saturday, December 6, 2008

La Salette

This is going to be a super quickie.  I just got home and I need to thaw out and have a snack. 

Here is a recap of the afternoon and evening eats. I had my afternoon snack before heading out to run a few errands – 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 3/4 cup TJ’s High Fiber cereal & a tablespoon Raspberry preserves.

HPIM6088

Dinner was a big salad which contained lettuce, summer squash, 1/2 cup pumpkin, 1/4 cup hummus, tomato, Boar’s Head low sodium ham and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.

HPIM6091

I also had a mini whole wheat pita filled with a banana and a tablespoon of PB.

HPIM6089

After dinner we headed out for some family fun at La Salette

lights8 

The place is a spectacle of lights. It is locally famous for the display they put on annually from Thanksgiving till Christmas.  I have been going here my whole life.

lights1

The grounds are a essentially a sculpture garden full of Catholic iconography.

lights2

lights3 lights4 lights5

lights6

lights7

Charlie and I went here on our 2nd date and it was the first time we ever locked lips.  He was so sweet about the whole thing and we like to relive the moment each year. 

So that is all I am off to find a snack and drink some warm tea.  I hope you had a great Saturday.  See you tomorrow.

7 comments:

ConsiderEatz! said...

What a great night and great memories! Warm up! :)
-Caroline

polly said...

very fun night, Sammie! Your little guys D is just a pumpkin pie! I was inspired by all your cranberries lately. I posted a cranberry recipe I made for my sweeties today. I am thinking of making some sauce similar to yours. Is it sweet or more tart?

Oh my sleep is calling my name! nite nite!

Sammie said...

Polly,
It is very tart.

VeggieGirl said...

"I just got home and I need to thaw out"


HAHA!!! That made me laugh out loud :-D


What a lovely outing!!

strongandhealthy said...

Love the light display! How fun!

Erica said...

looks gorgeous! I just found out we have a place in Charleston like this! I'm all about going!

Aggie said...

What a beautiful place!