Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Keeping Him Occupied

Since it is such a crummy day, D and I have been staying busy doing lots of artsy stuff.  Check out his drawing of Thomas the Tank Engine.

HPIM6879

We broke out the Colorforms – one of his Christmas presents.  Great idea Daddy – these things are so cool.

This is on the white background.

HPIM6882

And this is the black background.

HPIM6888

Here is the low-down on lunch.

I stuffed 1/2 a red pepper with 1/2 a cup cottage cheese, on the side I had zucchini slices and I topped the whole thing with 1/2 a cup of my homemade pumpkin hummus.  The hummus stayed thick and creamy even the next day.

HPIM6874

I also had 2 pieces of Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin toast with 1 tbsp PB and All Fruit Blueberry spread.

HPIM6878

Tonight we don’t have any big NYE plans – that is what happens when you have a little child.  I can’t see us venturing out in this mess anyway.  I probably will not even be able to stay awake to see the ball drop – I have been awake since 4:30 AM.  Charlie is at work and I am sure his commute home will be brutal – he has an hour long drive without snow on the roads.  So I am probably going to be on my own for dinner.  I know my evening sounds super exciting :)  I hope you all have a safe evening, whatever it is that you may have on the agenda.  Time to get back to the entertainment or should I say entertaining.

5 comments:

Meghann said...

D is very talented with his artwork. :) Also your pictures really are looking great with your new program you're using!

Abbie is bunkering at my parent's house for the week, so she hasn't got to try the treats yet, but I know she is going to love them. Peanut Butter is her fave! I also love how they are shaped like Cats and Mailmen... so cute

Sarah said...

Dontcha just love the artwork? My favorite Mommy times are usually the days when we have to get creative!

Hope you have a nice restful evening and get some quality "me time"!

VeggieGirl said...

Haha, so cute :-) I love drawing even to this day!!

Enjoy your night!!

HeatherBakes said...

Oh my god, Colorforms! We used to have those!

Tell D that is a wonderful Thomas the Tank Engine :)

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Great drawing D!

Chris and I are having a low key evening as well. New Year's Eve is so overrated. I'd much rather spend a quiet evening at home with loved ones than out in the cold with a bunch of crazy drivers. Enjoy your night to yourself Sammie!