Thursday, December 18, 2008

It wasn’t real

This afternoon I went to get my haircut and of course had my side-kick in tow.  He was really not in the mood to go hang at the salon but once the owner brought out a plate of pastries he was all giddy.  While I was looking the other way he was having himself a feast of sweets.  He came running over to me after his chow session and said “Mommy I just ate a ladyfinger, but don’t worry it wasn’t real.”  My hairdresser and I started to bust out laughing – he is a real character. 

When I got home I needed a snack so I had more PB Puffins – see if they are in my house I can not resist eating them.  The box is much smaller than the Cinnamon flavor but even if it was the same size, it doesn’t stand a chance of lasting very long in my presence.  I topped 1/2 cup cottage cheese and 1/2 cup pumpkin with 3/4 cup Puffins, then drizzled on a tad of cranberry apple butter.

HPIM6434

I made a super simple dinner with 2 pieces of Ezekiel toast.  I topped one with slices of tomato, Swiss cheese and basil then the other with a tbsp of PB and cranberry apple butter.  I ate the rest of the tomato too.

HPIM6438

With my dinner I also had 1/2 a cup of Pineapple – it was super sweet and juicy.  I was not feeling satisfied so I also ate an apple – I have been really craving fruit this past week – nature’s candy, mmmm.

HPIM6435 HPIM6440

A few hours later I made a cup of Sugar Cookie tea which I enjoyed while munching on a Chocolate Brownie Z Bar.

HPIM6441

I am going to get to bed early tonight so that I can go to the gym at 5 AM.  Unfortunately my huz can not start his vacation tomorrow – he has way too much work to do.  I think his plan is to work from home – he better, there is a snow storm a brewing. 

I hope you had a great day.  See you tomorrow. 

6 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

HAHA!! Oh my, D is such a trip - that's too funny about the ladyfinger :-D


PB PUFFINS!!!!!!!!!!!!


So sorry that your husband can't start his vacation tomorrow :-( Hang in there!!

K said...

Good luck with the storm!!

D is TOO funny :)

Erica said...

bummer about the husband! Hopefully he can get all his work done tomorrow!

How did you hair turn out? D is tooo cute!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

I keep hearing about this story - I hope it's not too bad. Love all the Puffins action! Where is the picture of your new do? :)

Sammie said...

I didn't change my hair style at all - I just got it trimmed.

*Erica* said...

I have GOT to get me some of the Puffins! Next trip to STL and WF I will need to look for some!

Good luck with all that snow! Ugh! You can come visit us here in Missouri if you want...sometimes we have a doozy of a winter and sometimes it's nothing.