Sunday, December 21, 2008

It is Over

The snow finally ended this evening after dumping close to 20 inches on us over the course of 3 days.  Check out the wheelbarrow – we really have had a doozy of a weekend. 

HPIM6500

I had quite a productive day making goodies.  I made Peanut Butter Kiss cookies and a bunch more Pretzel Kiss treats. 

I started by making a batch of wheat free Pretzel Kisses for my nephew, Rocco. I bought his favorite pretzels and jazzed them up with milk chocolate Hershey Kisses then I pressed a peanut or an M&M on top. 

 

HPIM6496 HPIM6497

 

 

 

 

 

 

Then I made a bunch of milk chocolate and dark chocolate Pretzels.  I decorated these with either peanuts, cashews or an M&M.

 

HPIM6498

HPIM6499

 

 

 

 

 

 

My final project was the cookies.  It was a super simple recipe so these came together in no time.

 

HPIM6505 HPIM6506
HPIM6502 HPIM6507
HPIM6503 HPIM6508
HPIM6510 HPIM6516

 

I stopped for a quick snack during all the baking.  I mixed a little more than 1/2 a cup Greek yogurt, 3/4 cup TJ’s High Fiber cereal and a tbsp cranberry apple butter.

 

HPIM6509

 

For dinner tonight I kept it simple and not too heavy – I had plans for Power Yoga this evening. I cooked 2 1/2 tbsp oat bran with water then mixed in 1/2 cup pumpkin.  I topped that mixture with 3/4 cup PB Puffins and a tbsp PB.

 

HPIM6520 

I also had 1/2 cup cottage cheese topped with a tbsp Blueberry fruit spread.

 

HPIM6517

I did my in fact do my Power Yoga again tonight and then I had to go shovel snow :(  My arms are just a tad sore.  The snow this evening was way heavier than yesterday because it rained on top of the snow today.  I finally had to tell Charlie that I couldn’t do any more shoveling.  Thankfully we had pretty much finished by the time I was spent. 

I needed a snack afterward so I made a cup of Sugar Cookie tea and munched on a TJ’s granola bar. 

 

HPIM6523

So my honey is supposed to start his vacation tomorrow but he can’t.  This is why we never go away – he can’t seem to get a moments peace.  His new plan is to start it on Tuesday – I’ll believe it when he is actually home. 

That’s all for tonight.  I am heading up to bed very soon.  I am going to go to the gym early again because D is still sick and I don’t want to drag my little germy germ to the kids room.  He needs to get well for Christmas.  I hope you had a great weekend.

7 comments:

Erica said...

oh my thats a lot of snow! What fun treats your made. I love those little pretzel ones. Get some rest!

VeggieGirl said...

LOVE ALL THE BAKED GOODIES!!!!!

Hope D recovers soon!!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

20 inches of snow?!? I've never seen that much on the ground except up when up in the mountains. Wow.

Love those PB Hershey Kiss cookies - one of my family's favs!

Have a good Monday. Hope D is feeling better.

ashley (sweetandnatural) said...

SO much snow! Funny, I just made a version of the Peanut Butter Kiss cookies this week - http://sweetandnatural.wordpress.com/2008/12/20/peanut-butter-chocolate-thumbprints/. I love them around the holidays!

K said...

Great baking adventure you had!! Everything looks great :)

GET WELL SOON D!!

Meghann said...

WoW! That's a LOT of snow!

Your's treats look amazing. I lvoe the idea of the hershey on the pretzel, so simple, yet so good.

HangryPants said...

I cannot believe all the snow! I hope it doesn't rain this week. That's the worst mess of all.

Love allll your baking!